Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Whether fair or not, Wiggins is already a household name and that increases his stock

Jabari Parker may be a better pick than Andrew Wiggins. He may be more NBA ready. He may even have more potential.

And even if you think he is, it is close. And this small gap isn't big enough to make any NBA team want to pass on Andrew Wiggins, since Wiggins is almost already an automatic ticket seller.

If Wiggins and Parker play at the same level next year and their entire careers (or even if Parker plays at a slightly higher level), Wiggins will always be a level above Parker in terms of hype and being a box office draw. Similar to D-Wade vs Carmelo.

And that is why Wiggins is basically a lock for the number one pick already. So you can stop trying to say that the first pick is up for grabs. It isn't.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Whether fair or not, Wiggins is already a household name and that increases his stock

Wiggins is absolutely NOT a household name. I live in a large city and if I asked 100 people (50 male and 50 female of any age) if they know who Andrew Wiggins is, probably less than 20 would say "yes."
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 04-13-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Default Re: Whether fair or not, Wiggins is already a household name and that increases his stock

Terrible post...

So which ones D-Wade and which ones Melo?

I'm confused.

Parker is the bigger name right now btw.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Who is Wiggins?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Who is Wiggins?
    Some kid who dropped 4 points in the second round of March Madness. His team was favored and lost.

Consensus top 2 draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    So which ones D-Wade and which ones Melo?

I'm confused.

Parker is the bigger name right now btw.
    Coming out of college Carmelo was already a well-known name.

Wade...not so much.

And no way, Parker may be a bigger name to us basketball fans on this niche basketball website, but in the real world Andrew Wiggins is the bigger name by far.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 04-13-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Coming out of college Carmelo was already a well-known name.

Wade...not so much.

And no way, Parker may be a bigger name to us basketball fans on this niche basketball website, but in the real world Andrew Wiggins is the bigger name by far.
    Wiggins is no bigger a name than Parker. Especially not to GM's. What a ludicrous argument

Do you think players get drafted based on a fan poll or something?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Wiggins is no bigger a name than Parker. Especially not to GM's. What a ludicrous argument

Do you think players get drafted based on a fan poll or something?
    Hmm...well i will admit that i am no college bball fan at all so if Parker is a huge name already that is a surprise to me.

But yes, i believe that if a team is looking at two players and things are very even on the court, then the player's star potential comes into play...and so Wiggins will win that due to him being a bigger name and him having more of an exciting style of play. Iverson and Vince Carter were more coveted players then their actual level of play would have u think.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 04-13-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Without a doubt two of the most disappointing individual college seasons in a long time. Parker definitely had his ups, but as the season went on his weaknesses were more and more obvious. I thought Wiggins' 41 point game was the turning point, the point where he would realize just how gifted he was and start dominating...then he shits on that with his 4 point performance in the tournament.

They do not deserve this much hype. If anyone does, it's Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Without a doubt two of the most disappointing individual college seasons in a long time. Parker definitely had his ups, but as the season went on his weaknesses were more and more obvious. I thought Wiggins' 41 point game was the turning point, the point where he would realize just how gifted he was and start dominating...then he shits on that with his 4 point performance in the tournament.

They do not deserve this much hype. If anyone does, it's Embiid.
    Embiid's hype isn't from his on-court accomplishments either though...

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    Wiggins is absolutely NOT a household name. I live in a large city and if I asked 100 people (50 male and 50 female of any age) if they know who Andrew Wiggins is, probably less than 20 would say "yes."
    lol. 20 wouldnt even know who Blake Griffin is. lol @ Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Embiid's hype isn't from his on-court accomplishments either though...
    He has shown post moves, footwork, instincts, and intelligence on offense that would put more than half the centers in the league to shame. Defensively he's had games of 5 blocks, 6 blocks, 7 blocks, 8 blocks...he's an absolute beast on the court.

His potential and incredibly high ceiling are just one half of why he's so hyped. The other half is that he's actually shown a lot to believe it, more than just physical gifts like size, strength, athleticism, etc.

Banned

Thread of haters. Take a lap, you corny ass clowns.