Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Does anyone still believe that this Heat team is stacked?

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    That's the POINT of stacking up three such players. They don't need to all play at a high level, and yet they still enjoy a gross advantage.

They can have any 2 of the three of players of the caliber of LeFlop, dwhistle and Bosh take portions of the season, playoffs and Finals off at various times, and they are still favored to win it all.

It's perfect for super-talented but chicken-hearted players like these three douches.
    Actually the Heat have demonstrated that Lebron needs to perform at an elite level in the playoffs - when he doesn't they collapse rather easily (mavs 11', early spurs 13')

some intelligent discussion going on here - looks like livinglegend's thread backfired on him.

This retard's daily insecure Bran thread

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Oh for sure.

That is why I said they really aren't stacked anymore when looking at the league. The Clippers, Thunder, and Spurs can match them...

They are absolutely going to need something from the role players.

It's interesting because I kind of saw this year as a big year for the Heat...and now I think even more that way. Wade's future is unknown....Bosh seems to only play well every other game...and the rest of the league is only getting better.

Would 2 titles in 4 years, especially given the weak state of the league the last 3 years....really be impressive for the Heat while playing in pretty damn easy conference the last 2 years especially?

I don't know...not sure if that is meeting expectations for this team to only win 2.
    I will be honest even if they do manage to win this year I can
    Last edited by All Net; 04-13-2014 at 02:26 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

[QUOTE=All Net]I will be honest even if they do manage to win this year I can

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Right. That is why I really think the Thunder ****ed up this year though. They should have made a trade to try and get better this year rather than holding onto the damn Dallas pick that Presti clearly is in love with.

It the Thunder don't win...they are going to look back and really question that...especially if Butler comes up small. They haven't allowed Lamb to progress much this season either...which I think was a pretty big mistake.

That was what I was saying for the Heat. If they don't win this year...it only is going to get harder as the East isn't going to stay a joke forever.

And the Rockets, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors have their best days ahead of them.

What do you think...if the Heat lose this year...do you think they would have met expectations over their first 4 years together?
    I think if they end with 2 titles, 4 finals appearances they would be abit disappointed. Granted 4 straight finals is a great feat when you consider history but had they beaten Dallas we could of been looking at a great successful run.

Even if they lost this year

3-peat
    4 straight finals

Is a very good run. I know it

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

[QUOTE=All Net]I think if they end with 2 titles, 4 finals appearances they would be abit disappointed. Granted 4 straight finals is a great feat when you consider history but had they beaten Dallas we could of been looking at a great successful run.

Even if they lost this year

3-peat
    4 straight finals

Is a very good run. I know it

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Stacked compared to what... the 80s Celtics/Lakers or the 90s Bulls? No.

Compared to today's opponents? Hell yes.

Very stacked, who will save his choking ass this year

Very good NBA starter

Can't stay great forever, as others have said. When they joined, thought it was pretty much understood they had a handful of years or less to be truly dominant. Wasn't quite the same as:

Jordan teamed up with Pippen when he was 24, Pippen was 22.
    Shaq teamed up with 18 year old Bryant when he was 24
    etc.

Kind of like the 08 Celtics... the beauty of joining Wade (former Finals MVP) and Bosh (former franchise player) on the Heat was they were all experienced and ready for a title (or in Wade's case another title).

If it wasn't for Lebron being mentally fragile against Dallas, they may have 3-peated. But he is who he is, and the Heat are what they are. Older, experienced, short window but highly potent team. Were always stacked but you can't stop aging and injuries.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

They were the most stacked in 2011. Now? Not so much...

Bosh - Great most of the time but gets owned any time there's a star big man on the other team
    Chalmers - Turnover/mistake prone as hell
    Allen - Defensive liability and extremely inconsistent this year
    Birdman - butterfingers
    Beasley - never plays

They have too many weaknesses in their depth compared to the top 4 in the west. Since Indiana is sucking, Rose is injured, and the Knicks/Nets fell far short of expectations, getting to the finals should be easy but winning it will be another story.

You guys sound all doomsday and whatnot just because MIA is not looking so hot at the end of a very long stretch for them - 4 regular seasons and 3 Finals. They should look tired.

Lebron is only 29 - he will continue playing at a high level for a long time - especially since he never gets injured. They'll coast through to the Finals in the east and be re-energized for whichever tired, fatigued team that claws itself out of the West. Remember how you're always counting out the Spurs because of age and MIA's big 3 is nowhere as old as SAS'.

Riley will re-tool with younger role players next year.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    You guys sound all doomsday and whatnot just because MIA is not looking so hot at the end of a very long stretch for them - 4 regular seasons and 3 Finals. They should look tired.

Lebron is only 29 - he will continue playing at a high level for a long time - especially since he never gets injured. They'll coast through to the Finals in the east and be re-energized for whichever tired, fatigued team that claws itself out of the West. Remember how you're always counting out the Spurs because of age and MIA's big 3 is nowhere as old as SAS'.

Riley will re-tool with younger role players next year.
    When will people realize that it isn't age but mileage. Lebron is starting show the same effects of wear and tear that Kobe showed during the Lakers run from 2008-2010. He has played into late May-early June almost every year since 2009 and to added that he has also played olympic ball. Lebron may be a freak athlete, but that eventually catches up to any athlete.