Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

Default Are we gonna act like M.Ellis didnt carry his team to the playoffs?

15-23 FG , 37 points and 5 assists. If Dirk shows up in the playoffs, I can see Mavs have a serious case for championship this year.

Default Re: Are we gonna act like M.Ellis didnt carry his team to the playoffs?

if it wernt for monta, mavs would be out of the playoffs. sad season for dirk.

Troll thread, but we should still give props to Monta for a great comeback season. He was fantastic tonight. Although he almost choked the game away on three separate occasions, the team wouldn't have been in a position to choke it away to begin with without him carrying the offensive load.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Monta was a beast tonight and has been fantastic all year...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

Players averaging at least 21 or more per game at age 35 or older;

Kareem
    Karl Malone
    MJ
    English
    Baylor
    Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Monta was a beast tonight and has been fantastic all year...
    Did anyone know dude was capable of that? I sure didn't. I know he can ball and get numbers, but I never thought he was the kind of player that could really do work on that level. I always thought (and still think... lol, even tho it's far from happening) that Brandon Jennings was the one the Bucks shoulda kept and built around.

but yea Monta has been beasting. Will be fun to watch in the playoffs.

-Smak

NBA Legend

I never got the hate for Ellis.

Hes playing now just like he did alongside a prime baron davis years ago. Its not his fault teams were putting him in position to try and create the entire offense, rather than being a guy who feeds off someone creating it and finishing at a high level.

Its clear hes an asset to any good team. Bad teams were just asking the wrong thing of him.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Players averaging at least 21 or more per game at age 35 or older;

Kareem
    Karl Malone
    MJ
    English
    Baylor
    Dirk

dont do em like that nathanjizz is flatout the dumbest kid on this site.

anyways, ellis is a beast. he is really underrated. and we have the potential to be really really good next year
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 04-13-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Banned

MONSTA Ellis is a BEAST. always has been. now he has the right coach and the perfect teammate.
    his only problem is he goes from super clutch mode to epic choker in a matter of seconds

love ellis, always loved using him on 2k ohhh yeah.

Yes, very sad season, 50% FG% from the field, 40% from three, 90% from the line, 21/6/3 in 32 minutes per game.

The year they won the 'ship he played almost 2 minutes per game more, scored 1.4 more points, shot worse from three, shot about 2% better from the field at 52% 7 rebs 3 assists...

but yes, sad season.

In all serious it was a great season considering he had some career lows and injuries last year, a lot of people thought he would be the the same, but yet he came back at 35 and put up a great freakin' season.

Serious playground baller Fazotronic's Avatar

lol sad? you mean like the spurs making 1 seed with pop, manu, parker and still will even after duncan retired?
    you mean like other teams don't have a other player stepping up?

this guy always trying to underrate dirk with stuff that don't mean jack shit.
    what a pathetic loser you are.

19/3.6/5.8 wow dirk never did that. ****ing dumbass

I usually hit open layups

It was a great game by Ellis. He struggled recently with his shooting, but he stepped up in the most important game of the season.

Dirk is by far the best player on a 49/50 win team at the age 35. I'm not sure how that's sad.

If it weren't for Dirk people would still be calling Monta a low bball iq, me first, chucking loser that can't help lead a team to the playoffs.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Monta put up like 20/5/4 on 53% shooting on a 48 win team 6 years ago. It didnt make the playoffs but thats hardly a poor showing....

Especially considering his Bucks made it last year with less wins than that.

Anyone who would say he couldnt help lead a team to the playoffs just doesnt pay attention to the league in the first place.