Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Default Re: Are we gonna act like M.Ellis didnt carry his team to the playoffs?

Lead is the word. Hasnt it. Probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Monta put up like 20/5/4 on 53% shooting on a 48 win team 6 years ago. It didnt make the playoffs but thats hardly a poor showing....

Especially considering his Bucks made it last year with less wins than that.

Anyone who would say he couldnt help lead a team to the playoffs just doesnt pay attention to the league in the first place.

you've been a bit of a Monta-stan for as long as I can remember

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont know if im really a fan. But I often find guys like him a bit underrated. Especially when things like this are said:

If it weren't for Dirk people would still be calling Monta a low bball iq, me first, chucking loser that can't help lead a team to the playoffs.
    As if this didnt just happen last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQP9k843Sc

Hes not some top or even second tier player....but low bball iq, me first, chucking loser that can't help lead a team to the playoffs?

Harsh. This will be the 3rd playoff team hes at least a 17ppg player for and one year he didnt make it his team won 48 games. Hes not someone you cant win a few games with...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

The thing about Ellis teams in the past is that they all played at a really fast pace and it was very much run and gun.

While I've always liked Ellis a lot and I think this year proved he's been more capable than a lot of us thought in many ways...he's roughly the same player he always was.

Definitely thing he grew as a player and learned how to be impactful in the half court and quite frankly learned how hard it is to play more team oriented ball while trying hard on defense.

Also, the year the Mavs just had is better than people think. We have a flawed roster in a lot of ways and we basically just won 50 games in one of the toughest conferences we've seen in some time in my opinion.

Ellis had a lot to do with that of course and while he didn't transform himself or anything...he definitely played his best ball in some time...and did so while also playing hard on defense, within the offense, and at a pace that wasn't simply run and gun.