Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Do you watch sports at home or in the pub/bar?

Hei my man D&D. Hit me up for the next game we can go to the pub.

Serious fans watch at home. Watching at the bar is for pink-hats who use the games as a social outlet.

Only sporting event I really watch at the bar is the first weekend of March Madness every year. I normally take two vacation days for the 1st round games and binge out on basketball.

I only really watch sports that I have rooting interest in, and sometimes I need to yell and scream at my team players so...... it's for the best I watch alone at home

NBA Superstar

If I'm truly interested in the game being played, it is my best bet to watch it at home. If I'm out in public, there's very little chance I'll be paying attention to the television. If a game is on while I am out somewhere, it is usually happenstance, as opposed to being a pre-conceived plan.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The social sport in the US for which this is a debate is NFL Football. And my best friend and I have turned Football Sunday into something of a religious experience. Both our parents, his wife and kids, all at his place, he pays for the dish, I cook every week. His kids have been completely indoctrinated.

I can't imagine watching football at a bar. First of all, I don't like drinking on Sunday. I don't want to feel like I'm recovering at work on Monday. That's a shitty feeling, even if it's not a full blown hangover.

I will gladly watch a random basketball or baseball game at a bar. But that's not the same as actively going to a bar to watch a game. Occasionally we'll go for a college football game if it's a big one, or a big Saturday Night college basketball game, usually after we've already gotten started drinking for whatever other reason, just for dinner, or going out in general. And occasionally I'll head to a bar for a fight, which has it's own seperate experience.

Before I moved, me and my buddies would watch lots of playoff games at the bar; especially NBA.