Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: First Official Matchup of The 2014 Playoffs - Rockets vs Blazers

Houston in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    2.5%?

Not even 25% for winning 1/4 of their matches this year?
    No Asik and still almost lost...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandsteve
    Well we will see how effective Beverly is gonna be with that knee, won't we? IMO the Rockets are gonna need him..cuz if Lillard goes off in this series I can see Portland taking them in probably 6. Aldridge will get his & and the other Blazers usually get involved well. Howard's health & FT shooting is a question mark here too.
    why are people talking about beverley??
    he gives up more points to starting PGs than any other PG in the league, has no skills outsideof threepoint shooting on offense

Rockets in 6 I reckon. Maybe 5 but would be a close one all the way.

Rockets in 6/7

Dwight to have a monster series while Lillard/Aldridge hit some ridiculous clutch shots.

Really exciting match up 2 high scoring teams with quality guards/bigs.

Dwight will average 23/13 on 55-60% FG but his free throw shooting will be suspect at crucial times.

Rose Garden about to go wild. Nice matchup, for sure.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Houston in 3.

I want the Rockets in the second round. Rockets in 7. Portland will have some fight in them.

YouGotServed

3-0, bout to make 4-0 after tonight.

NBA sixth man of the year

Why are people so overwhelmingly picking Houston? I think Portland matches up great with them. I can see this going 6-7 easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Why are people so overwhelmingly picking Houston? I think Portland matches up great with them. I can see this going 6-7 easily...
    This, you'd think the Rockets were the 2001 Lakers with the way they're talked about in this thread.

They're pretenders, and not really that good. Portland could very well take that series in 7. Especially if Harden disappears like in the 2012 Finals, or shoots 39% like last year's playoffs.

YouGotServed

6-1, doe.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    I want the Rockets in the second round. Rockets in 7. Portland will have some fight in them.
    Haven't the Rockets beaten you guys 3 times this season? Not sure if tonight's game will be any indicator either as McHale may try to rest some of his starters as he seemingly did with Parsons against the Pels last game.

Winning in the playoffs is about all about star power.

We have 2 legit mega stars, Portland has...none.

Houston in 5.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    Haven't the Rockets beaten you guys 3 times this season? Not sure if tonight's game will be any indicator either as McHale may try to rest some of his starters as he seemingly did with Parsons against the Pels last game.
    He should play all his players though if they're healthy...Mental edge means a lot and since they're playing tonight, it would be important to keep that mental edge over Portland(if there is one) and don't let Portland get any confidence by winning tonight with the playoffs just around the corner...