Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question The Year of the Scrub?

Can someone name me a season where so many random role player scored 40+?

Nick Young- 40, 41
    Trevor Ariza- 40
    Gerald Green- 41
    Marcus Thornton- 42
    Jodie Meeks- 42
    Terrence Ross- 51
    Cory Brewer- 51

*Honorable mention to ORL leading scorer and life long role player Aaron Afflalo (43)*
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 04-14-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Default Re: The Year of the Scrub?

Outside of Corey Brewer who as guarded by Harden, didnt they all just get hot from 3? It happens.

I'd say so, I mean LeBran James even scored 60.

Banned

This era is the weakest in history.

It comes as no surprise you started to name drop all these scrubs.

Nick Young is a borderline all star if he was on the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Outside of Corey Brewer who as guarded by Harden, didnt they all just get hot from 3? It happens.
    He was guarded by Parsons for the majority of the game, not Harden

Lol. You gotta watch the game before saying something you aren't sure of.

Saw a basketball once

Most of these "scrubs" contribute to playoff caliber teams.

Anybody who is capable of playing in the NBA, much less having a contributing role on a winning team, has an insane amount of basketball skill. So it's not at all surprising to me that over the course of 82 games a small handful of good role players get hot enough to score 40 or 50 points one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethem

Anybody who is capable of playing in the NBA, much less having a contributing role on a winning team, has an insane amount of basketball skill. So it's not at all surprising to me that over the course of 82 games a small handful of good role players get hot enough to score 40 or 50 points one time.

such insane
    much basketball
    so skill

wow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ethem

That's great and all, but when Terrence Ross and Corey Brewer both have 51 point games in the same season... you have to admit that's a bit unusual.

Can you point me to another season Historically when role player scoring was similar to this season?

These guys are all the greatest players on Earth, any single player if given the amount of shots could get 40+

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    These guys are all the greatest players on Earth, any single player if given the amount of shots could get 40+
    So you're saying this dude could get 40+ like his teammates Swaggy P and Meeks?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    That's great and all, but when Terrence Ross and Corey Brewer both have 51 point games in the same season... you have to admit that's a bit unusual.

Can you point me to another season Historically when role player scoring was similar to this season?
    Ross's situation isn't really unusual. DeMar DeRozan sprained his ankle in the 2nd quarter and couldn't really go in the 3rd. Ross already had 20+ points by the 1st half, so when DeMar checked out the Raptors just force fed him the ball because nobody else on the Raptors could make shots and lost their best player getting to the free throw line. Ross was on fire for a good 3 quarters and continued until some mid-way close to the 4th.

The Clippers (and part of the coaching staff's fault here on the Raptors) decided to let Ross get his and take his team out of the game. Ross got cold and the Raps couldn't get stops. All in all, it was a fun night to witness live in the ACC, though.

I get what your saying about these guys going off. Sometimes, circumstances and a hot hand just happen to meet up.

you forgot to add Bran to that list. Although not a scrub, he isn't a great scorer and had a career game

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    you forgot to add Bran to that list. Although not a scrub, he isn't a great scorer and had a career game
    Still scores more PPG than your boy KD, although LeBron has played 4 seasons more than him and won 3 fewer scoring titles.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

I'll give you Brewer, but Terrence Ross is a 2nd year rising star and former lottery pick on a playoff-bound team. It's not like he's a lifelong role player like Tony Delk or Tracy Murray who just randomly scores 50 points.

And LaBradford Smith put up 37 points against Jordan, while averaging 7ppg that season.

minnesota timberwolves FOYE4MVP's Avatar

What are the standards of being a scrub? Will it be, you're better than them? If not, they're not scrubs. Give those guys credit where its due. That term is way overblown. -_-