Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Where would this road to the championship rank in terms of toughness?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Current memphis >11 portland
    Current Clippers >11 Lakers
    Current Spurs >=11 OKC
    Current Heat < 11 Heat

Id say this one is slightly harder
    Agreed. This one is tougher. The Grizzlies are way better than the Blazers...and I actually think the Lakers vs Clippers is closer than you do, but I also think the current Spurs are clearly better than the 11 Thunder (although those Thunder are really under-rated actually)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Where would this road to the championship rank in terms of toughness?

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    I disagree. Talent wise the big three declined for sure, wade has really dropped and bosh is more pussified then ever, but miami now has better role players, lebron is a better shooter AND the team actually plays a decent organized offense.

As in current spo >>> that spo, and this is the game changer.

Current miami would of beat 2011 mavs, that loss is on spo for running an iso only offense were players took turns and din't collaborate at all. Look at miami now: horns, double screen for lebron pop, pinch post, etc ... night and day
    It may change in the playoffs, but the current Heat are playing way worse defense than they did in 11. Also, it all depends on how Wade plays. If he plays healthy and can defend and give you 21/5/5...then this Heat team might be as good or better.

But we need to see it first. Their defense this year individually and as a team has fallen off dramatically since the 11 days.

People still using regular season record to determine the strength of an opponent. The 2007 Mavs would have liked to face a higher seeded team than the 8th seeded warriors.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    People still using regular season record to determine the strength of an opponent. The 2007 Mavs would have liked to face a higher seeded team than the 8th seeded warriors.
    You saying Hakeems run wasn't legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Probably missing some, but off the top of my head:

95 Rockets
    01 Lakers
    11 Mavs

were all tough.
    Its CRAZY that 2001 Lakers would actually make sense opponent wise... and thats all it should be.

This shouldnt be based on playoff record. Or what you say 2008 Celtics had the toughest? No, they just underperformed...

Purely opponent wise the 2001 Lakers could perhaps be in contention.

And then to have the best playoff record on top...

BTW: Its all about Matchups...

And this "toughest" doesnt make much sense in Hakeems case...

Why wasnt he on one of the leagues top 4 teams? They just underperformed in the regular season... they still were retaining champs and had a roster of one.

1996-97 Chicago Bulls

44 win Wizards
    56 win Hawks
    61 win Heat
    64 win Jazz