Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Eliminated in the first round? Bulls should have just tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    We have Mirotic.
    LOL mirotic is never coming to the bulls...He still stated he wants to play in South America not long ago. And if you wanted him itll take about 7mill to buy out and then probally 5 to sign him since he is off his rookie contract. So Mirotic will take up any room to sign a marquee player.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Is there something wrong with gaining more playoff experience.........kid?
    How much of this mystical playoff experience is gained with a 1st round loss? How much of that helped those recent Hawks teams or the one-off playoff appearances by the Bucks, Sixers and other mediocre playoff teams? Just another sports cliche. Unless you're regularly making deep runs in the playoffs, it means very little.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    How much of this mystical playoff experience is gained with a 1st round loss? How much of that helped those recent Hawks teams or the one-off playoff appearances by the Bucks, Sixers and other mediocre playoff teams? Just another sports cliche. Unless you're regularly making deep runs in the playoffs, it means very little.

Ok so u saying going to the playoffs and losing against a team better than u doesnt make u better? Smh im done. Yep it means very little. The playoffs should just be two teams.

I usually hit open layups

Gotta respect Noah's passion, dude play with energy every night and that is infectious.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

I think that's up to the indivual players to decide whether or not experience means anything. I mean who are we to say it means very little, we don't play in the NBA playoffs.

Very good NBA starter

Obviously, they're going nowhere without Rose.

Tough to watch a potentially great team with a low ceiling.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    I think that's up to the indivual players to decide whether or not experience means anything. I mean who are we to say it means very little, we don't play in the NBA playoffs.
    We can look at teams that frequently made 1st round exits or one-off playoff appearances and how it affected the production of their developing players going forward. To me it's pretty obvious that simply making the playoffs and losing quickly has almost no effect. It's not some cumulative effect that increases your ability to perform with each appearance.

Back to Business

We can look at teams that frequently made 1st round exits or one-off playoff appearances and how it affected the production of their developing players going forward. To me it's pretty obvious that simply making the playoffs and losing quickly has almost no effect. It's not some cumulative effect that increases your ability to perform with each appearance.

Okc thunder

2010 playoffs first round loss to lakers
    2011 playoffs wcf loss to mavs
    2012 playoffs nba finals

Chicago bulls
    2009 playoffs first round loss to celtics
    2010 first round loss to cavs
    2011 ecf loss to heat

I can name many more but i dont wanna embarass you

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Great examples using teams with superstar players that will simply naturally improve. Just great. So instead of attributing the success to tangible things like superstar talent and production, we're going to give credit to the all-powerful but of course immeasurable "playoff experience".

Why do people so often feel the need to create narratives around these things instead of looking at obvious reasons for team success/failure? Doesn't it make more sense to look at the more probable reasons first?

So how did "playoff experience" help the developing players on recent Bucks and Sixers teams? How about all those Hawks teams that constantly made the playoffs? Why did they never make it past the 2nd round when they were clearly so infused with playoff experience? How about my team, the Raptors during the Bosh years? The Bobcats of this year will be another example of simply making the playoffs and getting routed being meaningless. It all comes down to talent and roster composition. Get that right and it doesn't matter if your players have been to the playoffs before or not.

Back to Business

Great examples using teams with superstar players that will simply naturally improve. Just great. So instead of attributing the success to tangible things like superstar talent and production, we're going to give credit to the all-powerful but of course immeasurable "playoff experience".

Why do people so often feel the need to create narratives around these things instead of looking at obvious reasons for team success/failure? Doesn't it make more sense to look at the more probable reasons first?

So how did "playoff experience" help the developing players on recent Bucks and Sixers teams? How about all those Hawks teams that constantly made the playoffs? Why did they never make it past the 2nd round when they were clearly so infused with playoff experience? How about my team, the Raptors during the Bosh years? The Bobcats of this year will be another example of simply making the playoffs and getting routed being meaningless. It all comes down to talent and roster composition. Get that right and it doesn't matter if your players have been to the playoffs before or not.
    lol u slow arent you?

u asked about the bucks??? do the bucks have the same roster as they did last year???.......ILL WAIT.

u asked about the raptors?? im not too big on the raptors but if im correct the raptors made it in 2007 and 2008 with bosh as the focal point.....2 years making it to the playoffs isnt a good sample size...if they had made it in 2009 who knows....do u know? exactly.

also just because a team has talent doesnt mean they destined to go deep in the playoffs....hmmm do u need examples of that too??? how about thosE late eighties bulls that couldnt get past the pistons and celtics for years??? was it talent they was lacking? when they had jordan and pippen???

what about the lakers when they had shaq and kobe and struggled in 98,99...but finally breaking through in 2000...the previous playoff experience meant nothing?

u asked about the hawks?

08 lost to celtics in first round
    09 lost to cavs in second round
    10 lost to magic in the second round
    11 lost in the second round to the bulls

now look at all those teams they lost to....were they not better? its a simple question. i didnt say playoff experience will win u a championship...i said playoff experience is more valuable than tanking for UNPROVEN talent...is that so hard to understand?

in 2012 theY lost in the first round to the celtics which were a better team and had MORE playoff experience....whats so hard for u to understand....then after that joe johnson left....u ok?