Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to deal with racism

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Funny that people only think Americans are racist have you seen FIFA games involving great britain.. all that "rule britannica" and the entire crowd throwing bananas at the african national team... wow
    People have no idea how much worse it is everywhere else, in USA you got subtle racism that doesn't even physically affect anyone. Nobody is beating or killing you here just because of your skin color.

I remember in Russia they had skinhead gangs that went around beating people to death. And they target anyone who isn't Russian, not just based on skin color. I knew someone that was put into a comma there.

Compared to almost everywhere else, America is the least racist place out there. But people here are more sensitive, "Oh no he used a bad word around me, I am scarred for life now". In other countries it's more like "Oh no he used actual physical force instead of words alone and now I am half dead in the hospital!".

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    How is throwing fruit at somebody racist? I wish somebody would throw fruit at me. Free food
    such a stupid post smh

   

Quote Originally Posted by Verticality
    What if it were watermelon?
    That's just dangerous. The racism is pretty damn inconsequential when someone be chucking watermelons at your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Verticality
    What if it were watermelon?
    I don't think watermelon has any racial connotations in Europe.

I'd imagine most Europeans have never heard of that and would probably think it's the dumbest thing they ever heard if you tried to explain it to them.

Think of it like this. Imagine if you found out that in Korea there is a racial stereotype about white people and red pants. Would your reaction be anything other than "that's stupid. It doesn't even make any sense"?

A few years ago, there was a KFC commercial in Australia where at a soccer game, an Australian guy shares his KFC with an Africans teams fans. Americans saw this commercial on the Internet or something and thought it was racist because black people + fried chicken = racism. Australians were like "you guys are the idiots that have that stupid stereotype. Don't project your nonsense onto us". To them, that stereotype doesn't exist.