Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    College superstar

Default Re: NBA Press Conference - Silver's Decision on Sterling 2 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Sounds like a hot Latina. Time to google

Default Re: NBA Press Conference - Silver's Decision on Sterling 2 PM EST

I support the whole punishment except forcing him to sell. The fine was crap because thats nothing to him but thats all they could do. The lifetime ban was a good move, distancing the Clippers name from Sterlings name was important from a business and brand name perspective.

Forcing him to sell the team is over the top. Find some way to make it unattractive to own the team for him. Money may not be an issue but losing the additional perks of owning a team (you're famous, the meet and greets, the prestige, etc.) would be hard.

A great thing would have been for him to be forced to donate to L.A. charities. I'm sure they could use it. I know they are donating his fine to charities but maybe make it into a big time community outreach franchise that gives back a ton of money to the people who pull for them, maybe other teams will become more charitable as well.

But forcing him to sell the team is too much. You can't demand someone give something away. Sounds like imminent domain by a private organization.