Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Sterling banned for life from anything related to the NBA, fined 2.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    It was a stupid ****ing question and someone should have slapped her for asking it. If a black ownership group has the means to try and buy a team, nobody is stopping them from doing so.

This isn't like you go out and hire coaches or players, there's a whole different level of requirements for an owner. I'm sure if Magic fronts a group to buy the Clippers and they put in the best offer, they would have no trouble getting approval from the NBA owners. If Daymond John decided he wanted to buy an NBA franchise, he'd have no trouble in doing so.
    Absolutely agree. It was a dumb question. Silver wasn't tiptoing around the answer - I think he was holding back from saying that it was stupid question, and instead took the high road and gave examples of non-white owners in the league.

Frankly, it was pretty upsetting to to me to even hear the question - as if the league HAS to employ some sort of affirmative action in picking an owner. If you have the money (and you're not a racist and other stuff i suppose), you're in.

The journalist that asked the question was pretty ignorant and in my opinion embarrasses herself by asking the question.

Default Re: Sterling banned for life from anything related to the NBA, fined 2.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode
    One what?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    This.

I think people are just too stupid to understand what he means.

I got the same feeling too. Lets face it, Sterling is providing jobs that pay millions of dollars to people regardless of race.
    Because they make him money. It's not damn charity.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    You beat me to it. Can't wait to see Magic and his investors take ownership of this franchise.

Learning to shoot layups

The hilarious thing about this situation is if it wasn't for that leaked conversation by his mistress, he would be getting his 2nd lifetime achievement award from the NAACP. Compare that to his estranged wife who has every reason to leak this kind of conversation and it just goes to show you how Donald Trump named her the girlfriend from hell.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    and u come off as slow...nobody said a billionaire cant have emotions....we talking about JEALOUSY...thats just one emotion. im sure he has been happy,sad,angry,mad, etc but jealous??? when u can pretty much do any and everything u want in life???? wake up

especially being jealous at the age of 81 when u have lived through 8 decades....u know how many presidents that is? dude has lived for 3 guarters of a century and u expect me to believe he jealous over some pictures that take 10 seconds to produce and when he was young it prolly took weeks or months to have film developed.lol..stop reaching.

You are either trolling or one of the dumbest people alive. I can't believe what I am reading from you.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn
    You beat me to it. Can't wait to see Magic and his investors take ownership of this franchise.
    Cept nobody said Magic wasn't allowed at Clipper games..I know many like to act like that was what was said.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Cept nobody said Magic wasn't allowed at Clipper games..I know many like to act like that was what was said.
    True. Sterling said for his girlfriend from hell to not bring Magic to his games as a quest. But with his history and this leaked tape it makes people feel as if he could have it his way, Magic would'nt be allowed to.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    One what?
    Race --> Human Being.