Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sterling banned for life from anything related to the NBA, fined 2.5 million

You are all welcome.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Sterling banned for life from anything related to the NBA, fined 2.5 million

Banned for life? Clippers Darrell is cool with that

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

This is the greatest news for all Clippers fans. They have wanted Sterling out of there for years. It's a new Clippers era, which started with Blake, CP3, than Doc, and now a new owner finally. Feel bad for the lakers..

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 215Philly
    Mad?
    This punishment is an absolute joke.

Sad day for the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Banned for life based on just words in a private telephone conversation that was illegally recorded.

um...what?

So what's next? Another owner says something slightly less controversial in private illegally recorded and he'll be forced to sell too? How about just something disappointing but not as controsversial? Sell just half the team?

Adam Silver just gained a LOT of respect from me. I'm liking this guy today.

stern was protecting his puppets.
    watch silver regulate all these clowns and fix the nba

Justice has not been truly served, until the ability to profit off the hard work and passion of Clippers' players and coaches and fans, is removed from the greedy, avaristic clutches of Donald Tokowitz.

"I fully expect to receive the support I need to remove him."

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Banned for life based on just words in a private telephone conversation that was illegally recorded.

um...what?

So what's next? Another owner says something slightly less controversial in private illegally recorded and he'll be forced to sell too? How about just something disappointing but not as controsversial? Sell just half the team?
    Maybe if he didn't have a history of using his power and money to discriminate against minorities...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    This punishment is an absolute joke.
    Like your player Lebron

Not warranted. He did this shit in the privacy of his own and wasn't breaking any rules. 2.5 million and a lifetime ban? Damn.

NBA is a private organization though, so they can do whatever they want I guess.

Lifetime ban for telling his girlfriend he doesn't want her to associate publicly with black people? A bit harsh I would say.

He's an old, gross, racist biggot, but private opinions (as opposed to actions) are now fair game for NBA owners and officials. Have to think the other owners may not be so keen on this precedent.

Wonder what kind of lawsuits will arise...

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Justice has not been truly served, until the ability to profit off the hard work and passion of Clippers' players and coaches and fans, is removed from the greedy, avaristic clutches of Donald Tokowitz.
    dont see that happening. they could have him sell the team, which will generate a profit because of their current status as one of the more popular teams in the league. but beyond that, i dont see what they could do to punish him financially without the nba being served a lawsuit.