Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Would Sterling get banned if he made homophobic comments instead?

It would depend on the public outrage, this includes sponsorship. Silver would have just fined him if it didn't made front page news in non-sports section.

Kobe nor Hibbert cost the league to lose any sponsorship. They also didn't have a history of discrimination either.

Don't blame Silver or the NBA for this. They're just protecting their brand, their image, doing what they feel is best to keep their sponsorship.

Nope. It's perfectly acceptable to be homophobic currently. Just like it was perfectly acceptable to be racist 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    He didnt say '' I dont want them at my games.''
    He just said that he didnt want her to come at the games with them.
    Completely different meanings.
    No, its not. At all.

Banned

If he said like I dont like gays because I follow the bible he would not face that big of a backlash

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    If he said like I dont like gays because I follow the bible he would not face that big of a backlash
    Well there is two known gays in the nba. The NBA is all black players, that's why it's different.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    that's really not what he said tho
    What? I love when y'all make up up anything to go with your own accounts of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    Yeah I think he would, because the bible doesn't say that.

Very good NBA starter

Really?

[QUOTE]
    V: I don't understand, I don't see your views. I wasn't raised the way you were raised.

DS: Well then, if you don't feel

I think he would have received a large fine for a homophobic remark, and no ban.
    The NBA is full of black people, not homosexuals. The uproar would not be as big IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Nope. It's perfectly acceptable to be homophobic currently. Just like it was perfectly acceptable to be racist 50 years ago.

Was one of the founders of M-o-z-i-l-l-a not just booted from his position as CEO? Not for any comments he made but a political donation opposing gay-marriage about 7 years ago.

Roy Hibbert said "no homo" jokingly and drew a shit ton of criticism as well as a fine for it.

Not sure where you're seeing all this publicly accepted rampant homophobia at?

I am really certain he was under the influence of some sort of substance when this happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone drugged him. It's a total set up.
    I still think he believes what he said, and I guess that is what matters most.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    What? I love when y'all make up up anything to go with your own accounts of what happened.
    he clearly alludes to living up to society's expectations and the limitation of his own agency. racism is a societal problem, not an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    It's not acceptable to hate anyone really. Not even Donald Sterling.
    Who decides what is worthy of hate? Society?
    Uh oh.

What you can do is disagree with a person's lifestyle or actions, or believe they are not for you personally, but you shouldn't hate anyone.

E.L.E.
    - Jackie Moon

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Was one of the founders of M-o-z-i-l-l-a not just booted from his position as CEO? Not for any comments he made but a political donation opposing gay-marriage about 7 years ago.

Roy Hibbert said "no homo" jokingly and drew a shit ton of criticism as well as a fine for it.

Not sure where you're seeing all this publicly accepted rampant homophobia at?
    Phil Robertson anyone?

At one time he said:

"Don't come and don't bring black people to my games"

We can all hear.