Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Would Sterling get banned if he made homophobic comments instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    No, its not. At all.
    Yes it is because the meaning is in the private sphere of their relationships.

I just meant that, right now, being a homophobe is FAR FAR FAR less "offensive" to the general public than being a racist.

Look at all the anti-gay marriage debate going on. You have POLITICIANS that support this that get REelected.

Can you imagine what would happen to a politician that openly stated he was against black people? He/she would be crucified.

I personally hate racists AND homophobes.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Was one of the founders of M-o-z-i-l-l-a not just booted from his position as CEO? Not for any comments he made but a political donation opposing gay-marriage about 7 years ago.
    The Orlando owner made the same type of contributions and supposedly he's signing off on Sterling has to go, so apparently it's not a problem within the NBA being anti-gay.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Phil Robertson anyone?

And he was roundly criticized and took a major backlash for it and now their show ratings are lower than before.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yeah I think he would, because the bible doesn't say that.
    Actually, I think it says they should be stoned to death, but it says the same thing about people who eat shrimp and lobster. So...you know..only complete weirdos take the book literally and not as a book of morals. Anyone who believes Jonah lived in a whale for days without drowning isn't someone you'd leave around children..

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Well, is 70% of the league gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
    At one time he said:

"Don't come and don't bring black people to my games"

We can all hear.
    Are you serious?
    listen to the whole tape. He said dont bring black people to my games because he doesnt want her to be seen publicly with black people. It s not because he doesnt want black people crowd in Clippers game.
    Quotes without context dont mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Are you serious?
    listen to the whole tape. He said dont bring black people to my games because he doesnt want her to be seen publicly with black people. It s not because he doesnt want black people crowd in Clippers game.
    Quotes without context dont mean anything.
    I know.. he's not racist he's just misunderstood.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Lets be real, he was mad at his girl not respecting his privacy, the black people nonsense was exogenous. He is one hundred percent racist scum, but those tapes really didn't sound like fuc.k black people to me.

It sounded like fuc.k you for twisting my words and being a frustrating bitch, racist comments slipped out in the heat of the argument.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Come on, stop lying to yourself. Kobe and Hibbert made homophobic comments and they didnt even get one game suspension.
    I'm assuming you're referring to when he said "no homo"? If so that wasn't a homophobic comment and he shouldn't have even had to apologize for it. Dude made a joke and a funny one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I just meant that, right now, being a homophobe is FAR FAR FAR less "offensive" to the general public than being a racist.

Look at all the anti-gay marriage debate going on. You have POLITICIANS that support this that get REelected.

Can you imagine what would happen to a politician that openly stated he was against black people? He/she would be crucified.

I personally hate racists AND homophobes.

I don't think being anti-gay marriage makes you a homophobe. There are those like my parents who simply believe in traditional marriage and they won't change. Neither of them would ever mistreat someone who is gay, it's just the way their privately held beliefs are. I don't think it makes them bad people by any means.

I see there being a major difference from someone who goes out looking for gay people to beat up or berate and someone who personally opposes gay marriage.

This statement makes quite a few good points that I do agree with.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...th_122376.html

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    I don't think being anti-gay marriage makes you a homophobe. There are those like my parents who simply believe in traditional marriage and they won't change. Neither of them would ever mistreat someone who is gay, it's just the way their privately held beliefs are. I don't think it makes them bad people by any means.

I see there being a major difference from someone who goes out looking for gay people to beat up or berate and someone who personally opposes gay marriage.

This statement makes quite a few good points that I do agree with.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...th_122376.html
    Sure it does, marriage is a right for everyone, even criminals and people who aren't religious have that right.
    Not wanting people to marry because both are male or female is discrimination, pure and simple.

NBA rookie of the year

Of course not. This is the NBA 75% of the league is black. Most studies indicate that around 10% of any population is gay. I tend to think athletics would have a lower population of gays than the general population, but that is just a guess. I see no evidence that athletics would have a higher proportion of gays.

The racism affected at least 75% of the league. Homophobia would affect far less of the league.

If donald sterling worked at vogue magazine or something, im sure homophobic comments would have been more detrimental to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Of course not. This is the NBA 75% of the league is black. Most studies indicate that around 10% of any population is gay. I tend to think athletics would have a lower population of gays than the general population, but that is just a guess. I see no evidence that athletics would have a higher proportion of gays.

The racism affected at least 75% of the league. Homophobia would affect far less of the league.

If donald sterling worked at vogue magazine or something, im sure homophobic comments would have been more detrimental to him.
    So the smaller the minority the more "OK" it is to suppress them?

Let's see.... Don't being fvgs/fvgots to my arena. Do you have to associate with queer people... Yeah if he said something like that it would be a big deal.