Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

  1. #1
    NBA Superstar 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,352

    Default And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    LOL

  2. #2
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    may the handsome be with you
    Posts
    20,627

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Smart basketball fans knew this wasn't the case.

  3. #3
    Very good NBA starter Cocaine80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Celveland
    Posts
    8,464

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    is durant still getting the mvp?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,477

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    More wishful thinking from Lebron haters.

  5. #5
    HUGE GSW fan here but. J Shuttlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    13,658

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    He had a chance... this playoffs. This was his chance... He blew it. Simple as that. Great regular season performer, glorified Harden in the post-season

  6. #6
    Local High School Star FLDFSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,947

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    This is Durant's chance.

    Lebron in 2012 went into Boston and won to save the series and of course the Heat went on to win the Finals.

    This is also Paul George's chance too.

  7. #7
    2nd Greatest Player Lebron23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Land of 6 NBA titles
    Posts
    55,799

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?


  8. #8
    Very good NBA starter Cocaine80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Celveland
    Posts
    8,464

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    He did... Durant is taking important shots when games are on the line at age 25... something Lebailout still struggles with
    atleast durant and lebron are in the playoffs.

  9. #9
    NBA rookie of the year TylerOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,633

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    This is Durant's chance.

    Lebron in 2012 went into Boston and won to save the series and of course the Heat went on to win the Finals.

    This is also Paul George's chance too
    .


  10. #10
    Local High School Star FLDFSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,947

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Just saying. There are ISH posters would believe that Paul is a Superstar and a Franchise player in the same vein as Lebron and KD.

  11. #11
    I dunk in Crocs Leftimage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,180

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Ya, it's time to give Durant a break.

    He simply doesn't have the necessary tools to enter LeBron's statosphere. Imo it would be doing KD a service to stop comparing the two. He and his fans should be very pleased with the fact he's pretty much locked up the number 2 spot behind Lebron for the next couple seasons, provided he continues playing at a high level.

    The comparisons to Lebron (quality-wise) were irrational at best and severely cringe-inducing at worst. I feel bad for the honest fans who actually bought into notion that KD had become THE guy.

    Thankfully for him, he's not THE guy at the moment - the media and fans in general WILL forgive yet another playoff collapse - but their patience is wearing thin ( think Lebron circa 2008-2011).

  12. #12
    King James ihoopallday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,815

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    ^^^Give Durant a break? **** that. If fans want to label him the best player in the game, then all the criticism comes with the territory. Simple as that.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,477

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    ^^^Give Durant a break? **** that. If fans want to label him the best player in the game, then all the criticism comes with the territory. Simple as that.

  14. #14
    XXL Im Still Ballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,799

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?


  15. #15
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Ya, it's time to give Durant a break.

    He simply doesn't have the necessary tools to enter LeBron's statosphere. Imo it would be doing KD a service to stop comparing the two. He and his fans should be very pleased with the fact he's pretty much locked up the number 2 spot behind Lebron for the next couple seasons, provided he continues playing at a high level.

    The comparisons to Lebron (quality-wise) were irrational at best and severely cringe-inducing at worst. I feel bad for the honest fans who actually bought into notion that KD had become THE guy.

    Thankfully for him, he's not THE guy at the moment - the media and fans in general WILL forgive yet another playoff collapse - but their patience is wearing thin ( think Lebron circa 2008-2011).
    Wrong. Lebron got a lot more criticism than KD will ever get even though he averaged 38/8/8 in the ECF against the BEST defensive team in the league in 2009. It's just the way it is. No one cares about KD. He will never get the hate LeBron has gotten throughout his career.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •