National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Default Look at some of these Scott Brooks quotes

From the post-game press conference http://www.nba.com/video/?ls=iref:nba:gnav

"I thought we played hard, lot of great effort"

"I thought we did a great job of competing, they went up 20 points when we didn't make any shots "

I wonder why we weren't making any shots you f@ggit? Terrible coaching that's why. There is more to B-Ball then fakking effort and competing

"Going into the series we knew it would be a tough series, and as I say before every series its a first to 4"

Holy shit this guy is a simpleton. I can just picture this guy before the playoffs just saying "Guys, remember it's a first to 4 who wins" then let's everyone just screws around in the gym.

Reporter - "Did you draw up that play for KD at the end of OT"

Brooks - " I gave KD the decision to make the play, it was a tough shot"

Now wonder you f@ggit, you didn't draw up a fakking play and just expect KD to nail a long ranged contested 3 to bail your ass out.

Reporter - "Your two all-stars are now 31-100, again it just seems like they aren't getting comfortable"

Brooks - "We gotta continue to search and find better shots, they're not making shots"

Well that comes down to you doesn't it? Designing ways to find better shots? That's what your paid to do f@ggit.

Brooks displays absolutely zero B-Ball IQ as a head coach. He just keeps making obvious remarks about the game a 5 year old could tell you. If Presti doesn't sack this f@ggit he is as much of a simpleton as Brooks.

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

Default Re: Look at some of these Scott Brooks quotes

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup

[B]"I thought we played hard, lot of great effort"

"not making shots" has been his go-to excuse all series. This dumb nikka doesn't realize open shots don't just present themselves in the playoffs, you have to work for them, run plays to get them.. especially against a team like Memphis.

If the FO don't get rid of this clown over the off-season and make some trades I feel terrible for OKC fans. What could have been..

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingFan#1

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Do you guys honestly think that someone could become a NBA coach without vast basketball knowledge?

I just find it extremely funny when posters call people "retards" and "stupid" when they, for a living, work with NBA teams.

Yes, perhaps Scott Brooks is not the best coach in the league, and perhaps he wont give the media any advanced answers, but is he truly clueless? I think not.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Shots aren't falling/going in is the go to excuse of sh it coaches.

Spoelstra did it his first few years in Miami too. Then, when he realized he was going to be fired, he realized he needed to be better on offense and actively sought to be. He started talking about ball movement, making he extra pass, spacing, settling, etc. after changing their whole offense.

There is a tangible difference you can see in teams like the Spurs, Miami, etc. passing and quality of shots versus OKC who has been exactly the same no offense for years. I don't know how Brooks gets away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GilZero
    Do you guys honestly think that someone could become a NBA coach without vast basketball knowledge?

I just find it extremely funny when posters call people "retards" and "stupid" when they, for a living, work with NBA teams.

Yes, perhaps Scott Brooks is not the best coach in the league, and perhaps he wont give the media any advanced answers, but is he truly clueless? I think not.
    Well all you have to do is watch the Thunder play basketball. It's plain obvious there is no grand tactical structure behind the way we play. And that falls on Brooks having an awful b-ball IQ or not being able to implement it, neither which matter because the way we are playing can't continue.

I'm just tired of us never running any plays, no ball or player movement, just settling for a Westbrook or Durant ISO on every possession. And Brooks just comes out and says "we need to make shots' and preaches energy and effort as like they are the only factors that matter in Basketball.

I remember my Dad watching an OKC game with me 2 years ago in the playoffs I remember clear as day him saying that this team would never win a ring purely based off the complete lack of team play and structure. Seems he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    I remember my Dad watching an OKC game with me 2 years ago in the playoffs I remember clear as day him saying that this team would never win a ring purely based off the complete lack of team play and structure. Seems he was right.
    Your dad simply sees what the world can see.

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Your dad simply sees what the world can see.
    I argued with him at the time, said the KD and Westbrook were only young and they'd be insanely good in a couple years and it wouldn't matter too much.. they'd carry their scrub ass coach. I'm a fool. OH LAWD JESUS FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS!

Brooks ISO shit could work when Harden was here because obviously 3 stars are a lot harder to guard then one. But since he has left Brooks has literally changed jack shit and still expects it to work.