Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Heat VS Grizzlies 1st RD - Who do you got?

A lot of people trying to convince themselves Memphis is that good. OKC was just overrated.

Local High School Star

Heat in 5 possibly 6.

Memphis has way too many droughts

Heat in 5. No one on the grizz can cover LBJ's big D.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I think Allen would do a pretty good job on LeBron. But I think his strength alone would be just a bit too much. This is where I think you see James Johnson get some heavy PT on him.
    I don't see it, LeBron would bully Allen down low. He can actually establish deep post position unlike Durant, and his post game is actually really effective now. If they did put Allen on him, they'll probably have to double.

Not sure about James Johnson and the matchup. Primary defender would have to be 75 year old Prince.

tbh okc had so many chances to steal the game away but couldnt convert with poor offensive possessions

Memphis is not that good people

i mean they're good but i wouldn't call them contenders...OKC can't handle any physical teams, Heat doesn't mind that

Lebron wouldn't get bitched around like KD does by Tony Allen

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    A lot of people trying to convince themselves Memphis is that good. OKC was just overrated.

I don't know about that. I watched both regular season games and the Memphis bigs gave them a mighty hard time on defensive end and offence. Lebron had issues breaking down the defense on half sets and the bigs was too much for Bosh.

FYI...1st game, Gasol was just getting back and he got injured in the final frame.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Honestly though?
    Yeah, honestly. We have no idea how these two teams match up in the playoffs. Memphis raises their level in the playoffs year in year out, and they have weapons to hurt Miami. They're also experienced and tough. If Indiana could give Miami trouble, I don't understand why Memphis can't. Especially considering that Gasol is infinitely more skilled than Hibbert. I never definitively said Memphis would beat them. I can't decide - all I know is that it'd be an absolute war of a series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Heat in 7 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    I don't know about that. I watched both regular season games and the Memphis bigs gave them a mighty hard time on defensive end and offence. Lebron had issues breaking down the defense on half sets and the bigs was too much for Bosh.

FYI...1st game, Gasol was just getting back and he got injured in the final frame.

regular season hardly means anything to the Heat, Chicago beats Miami in the regular season match ups all the time and Celtics too..you think Nets are going to sweep Miami in the playoffs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    That's what this place has become

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah, honestly. We have no idea how these two teams match up in the playoffs. Memphis raises their level in the playoffs year in year out, and they have all the weapons to hurt Miami. If Indiana could give Miami trouble, I don't understand why Memphis can't. Especially considering that Gasol is infinitely more skilled than Hibbert. I never definitively said Memphis would beat them. I can't decide - all I know is that it'd be an absolute war of a series.

Memphis has some threats inside but they're nothing compared to Indy on the perimeter...lets jut be real here..

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Heat in 4 or 5. You really think Memphis could get away all the choking they have been able to do in this series?

This. Grizz are the Bulls of the West and have been choking hard but are getting away with it because THunder are choking that much more

Heat in 4? Lol wut? I could see either team winning in 7. Memphis would cause problems for Miami defensively, and Z-Bo and Marc would torch what little front court the Heat have.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah, honestly. We have no idea how these two teams match up in the playoffs. Memphis raises their level in the playoffs year in year out, and they have weapons to hurt Miami. They're also experienced and tough. If Indiana could give Miami trouble, I don't understand why Memphis can't. Especially considering that Gasol is infinitely more skilled than Hibbert. I never definitively said Memphis would beat them. I can't decide - all I know is that it'd be an absolute war of a series.
    This and this.