Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Heat VS Grizzlies 1st RD - Who do you got?

LeBron was absolutely destroying Tony Allen, sealing his ass in the post every time, the last game the Heat and Grizzlies played in the regular season. That matchup most certainly would not work to the Grizzlies favor like it has with Durant thus far.

And Wade has had no issue slicing and dicing this Grizz core in past matchups.

Heat in 5.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    I don't know about that. I watched both regular season games and the Memphis bigs gave them a mighty hard time on defensive end and offence. Lebron had issues breaking down the defense on half sets and the bigs was too much for Bosh.

FYI...1st game, Gasol was just getting back and he got injured in the final frame.
    In a 7 game series, Memphis' lack of perimeter scoring would get exposed. Z-Bo/Gasol would be pain's in the asses, but they aren't enough to swing the series. Memphis is winning these games while choking their asses off at the same time. They wouldn't get away with that against Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah, honestly. We have no idea how these two teams match up in the playoffs. Memphis raises their level in the playoffs year in year out, and they have weapons to hurt Miami. They're also experienced and tough. If Indiana could give Miami trouble, I don't understand why Memphis can't. Especially considering that Gasol is infinitely more skilled than Hibbert. I never definitively said Memphis would beat them. I can't decide - all I know is that it'd be an absolute war of a series.
    What Indiana are we talking about?

THIS Indiana wouldn't give Miami trouble for shit... and the 2013 Pacers Version, last year that got it into Game 7, were IMO better than the Grizzlies now

Heat in 7

Heat in 5-6.

All close games though, Lebron might struggle a game or 2 but then he goes off like he did against the spurs. Lebron isn't as easily shutdown by someone like Tony Allen, his elite playmaking and bigger frame/strength without sacrificing speed will help him not only score on Allen, but perhaps even create some foul trouble. Not to mention Lebron is a great spot up shooter and moves well off the ball, we routinely see him perform backdoor cuts and get deep post position for some of the easiest baskets.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I think Allen would do a pretty good job on LeBron. But I think his strength alone would be just a bit too much. This is where I think you see James Johnson get some heavy PT on him.
    From like 2 weeks ago..look @ how easy lebron is getting layups by pinning Tony Allen in the paint. Durant can't do this because he's not strong enough. It was so easy for lebron they had to take Tony off of him lol

:57 secs and 1:04

LeBron James Full Highlights 2014.04.09 at Grizzlies - 37 Pts, 5 Assists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55d7qQNjsCg

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    LeBron was absolutely destroying Tony Allen, sealing his ass in the post every time, the last game the Heat and Grizzlies played in the regular season. That matchup most certainly would not work to the Grizzlies favor like it has with Durant thus far.

And Wade has had no issue slicing and dicing this Grizz core in past matchups.

Heat in 5.

yep. Just posted the video

Earned not given

Gasol is better than Hibbert but is he better than Duncan? I'd argue the Spurs team from last year is better than this years Grizzlies.

Also, the Heat played against a team that was very physical down low while also having an elite perimeter threat in Paul George. The Grizzlies have the pieces down low but have no one on the perimeter that scares the Heat. Conley is good but not great. Tony Allen is trash offensively. Courtney Lee is ok but not good. Mike Miller is old. Tayshaun is old. James Johnson is ok but not great. I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Gasol is better than Hibbert but is he better than Duncan? I'd argue the Spurs team from last year is better than this years Grizzlies..
    No shit, Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    From like 2 weeks ago..look @ how easy lebron is getting layups by pinning Tony Allen in the paint. Durant can't do this because he's not strong enough. It was so easy for lebron they had to take Tony off of him lol

:57 secs and 1:04

LeBron James Full Highlights 2014.04.09 at Grizzlies - 37 Pts, 5 Assists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55d7qQNjsCg

this and with better intensity from the Heat role players they would have no chance.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    No shit, Sherlock.
    So why are people saying the Grizz would take the Heat to more than 5 games? Doesn't make any f*ckin sense

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Heat in 6 at the very least

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I think Allen would do a pretty good job on LeBron. But I think his strength alone would be just a bit too much. This is where I think you see James Johnson get some heavy PT on him.
    lol why do people keep thinking Allen covers Lebron? James Johnson would be on LeBron, as he has been this year.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I made this same thread last night. Here were my reasons:

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    What is your reasoning? I think Memphis would give them a bit of trouble but I'd take Miami in 6.

Reasons:
    -Memphis goes on scoring droughts... especially late in the game. If the play like they have against the Thunder, I can't see them winning. This isn't 2011 LeBron we're talking about
    -Wade is healthy this year for the playoffs
    -Gasol/Randolph have a matchup advantage, but so do Wade/LeBron... and you'll take the best player in the world and another finals MVP over two guys who haven't seen the finals yet.
    -Grizzlies have choked a lot this series. If Durant was shooting his regular FT%, or slightly higher FG%, this series would have been over.
    -Small ball. Fast breaks will wear out the Grizzlies. Thunder went on their run tonight when they went smaller and took out Perkins

Post up why you think Grizz would win, or why you think Heat would win. It would be a great series no doubt. I think they give bigger matchup problems to the Heat than the Clippers, Thunder, Rockets, or Blazers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    this and with better intensity from the Heat role players they would have no chance.
    You agree with his post when you clearly just said in this thread that the regular season means nothing.

Make up your mind. Grizzlies are just a different animal in the playoffs. You and I both know this.

regular season hardly means anything to the Heat, Chicago beats Miami in the regular season match ups all the time and Celtics too..you think Nets are going to sweep Miami in the playoffs?