Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default I dont think people understand that the Raptors were supposed to be a Lottery Team...

Coming into this season, the Raptors were expected to be one of the worst teams in the league. Instead, they got the 3rd seed, won at a 55 game pace after the rudy gay trade, and took a VERY talented Nets team to 7 games.

But i see people here saying how the raptors "shouldnt be respected". This loss should not go against the raptors. The raptors would have easily beaten the bulls. They just got unlucky, and played the 2nd best team in the EAST.

Give credit to this raptors team, derozan and lowry can be BIG in the future

Default Re: I dont think people understand that the Raptors were supposed to be a Lottery Team...

yes but i'd like them to get rid of Jonas Valanciunas.... TY

Default Re: I dont think people understand that the Raptors were supposed to be a Lottery Team...

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15
    lol

Yea you guys went on a run as soon as you traded Gay. Man you guys have some very dedicated and supportive fans

College star

So were the Blazers

Banned

they should have tanked thats what some raptors fans say. because losing is they to go

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    So were the Blazers
    True

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15

I know he wet the bed in game 7, but Jonas has been pretty decent in the playoffs. He got potential to be a solid big in the league.

I hope the Raptors don't make the same mistake as the Rockets (Lowry and Dragic) and drop Valanciunas

NBA Legend

Its not that peeps dont understand its just that nobody cares

We were a surprise team this year. I was prepared for the team to tank.

We did benefit from the East being a complete train wreck this year.

We'll be right back to square one if we don't resign Lowry imho. This off-season is huge. Masai needs to further work this magic. This team is still not good enough to truly contend.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

First round loss > Andrew Wiggins?

Always interested in when usual non contenders (so not the Lakers or franchise that have superstars fall in their laps all the time) decide it's time to start competing. Like the Raptors roster as it... It's not going to win a championship. My opinion, but I'm almost sure I'm correct. But are they a Gasol or Sheed away? Or are they a LeBron or Durant away? ie for the latter, better to tank.

Or because they aren't perennial winners, is mediocrity okay? Like the Hawks back when they had Joe, Smoove, and Horford. That team clearly was never going to win it all and they the Hawks stuck with them to basically their expiration as group.

Because you can't tank forever either. Not if you want a fan base. But when do you decide to move forward, tank, or blow it up?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    We were a surprise team this year. I was prepared for the team to tank.

We did benefit from the East being a complete train wreck this year.

We'll be right back to square one if we don't resign Lowry imho. This off-season is huge. Masai needs to further work this magic. This team is still not good enough to truly contend.

Really? Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Really? Are you sure?
    Is DeMar your transcendent player?

You guys took a team that is on it's last legs and missing their best big to 7 games. I think he and anyone else that watches basketball will say "yes, he's sure."

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Is DeMar your transcendent player?

You guys took a team that is on it's last legs and missing their best big to 7 games. I think he and anyone else that watches basketball will say "yes, he's sure."