Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Reports : Brandon Knight to sign a 5 year 70 million dollar deal with the Phoenix Sun

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...0-million-deal

After which Phoenix will look to trade of Eric Bledsoe apparently

This deal is just insanely dumb. He is worth 8 mill a season max.

Heck, he will be on more cash then Steph Curry next year

Phoenix really going nowhere with decisions like this

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Reports : Brandon Knight to sign a 5 year 70 million dollar deal with the Phoenix Sun

great deal! the suns backcourt is real nice now!

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: Reports : Brandon Knight to sign a 5 year 70 million dollar deal with the Phoenix Sun

Giving max money to a low IQ player is usually a bad idea.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Sweet Jesus. The desert heat is getting to their heads

Huh? He's a skinny undersized scoring guard with a decent shot. This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Huh? He's a skinny undersized scoring guard with a decent shot. This makes no sense.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=381161

Ta-da!

A 23 year old starting PG, in his fourth season, who will take up about 16% of your salary next season, who averaged 17, 5, 4...

He's a beast in fantasy. Once Bledsoe is traded (it's inevitable now), he will shine.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

Ta-da!

A 23 year old starting PG, in his fourth season, who will take up about 16% of your salary next season, who averaged 17, 5, 4...

He's a beast in fantasy. Once Bledsoe is traded (it's inevitable now), he will shine.
    Fantasy =/= reality. Knight's not a good defender and as others have stated, he's an SG in a PG's body. Not worth the money, IMO.

It's never been more depressing to be a Suns fan.

This team has no idea what they're doing. Getting rid of Bledsoe would probably be for the best, but immediately signing another semi-unproven player to nearly the same ridiculous contract as him isn't going to help the problem.

Sigh. I miss the days of Nash/Amare/Marion.

Decent college freshman

That's a steal. The cap is almost doubling, so you have to adjust salaries accordingly. Knight is right there with guys like Kemba Walker and Jrue Holliday or other guys like that and they are already getting 12 mil. He probably could have gotten more than 14 if he played the market.

I don't know why they'd trade Bledsoe though. Him and Knight are awesome complements to each other IMO.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    That's a steal. The cap is almost doubling, so you have to adjust salaries accordingly. Knight is right there with guys like Kemba Walker and Jrue Holliday or other guys like that and they are already getting 12 mil. He probably could have gotten more than 14 if he played the market.

I don't know why they'd trade Bledsoe though. Him and Knight are awesome complements to each other IMO.
    I actually thought Bledsoe looked off Knight a ton after the trade went down- almost like he tried too hard to establish it was his team. They had trouble fitting, but it was a rushed effort to make the two work together so quickly.

I'd probably try to trade Bledsoe too if I signed Knight to such a deal, but I think both guys are ball-dominant and not great creators for others. Knight's also a worse defender, though he's a better shooter. Bledsoe's knees also worry me long-term since his deal is fully guaranteed, so rolling with Knight might be better a better bet. Either way, both guys are kinda overrated in my book.

Is Phoenix trying to tank next year? They need a blue chip prospect instead of picking late lotto each year. They also need to give burn to their young guys finally. No point in having so many rookie-scale players and not giving them enough PT.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

Ta-da!

To be fair, he averaged 13, 4, and 2 on 35% shooting in PHX.

Not saying he won't produce 17, 5, 4 once Bledsoe is traded, but Bledsoe averaged about the same with sligtly higher stats and shot much better.

So in a way, you're trading away a player to accomodate a player who will produce less. All the while paying the same $$$. Did EB really catch feelings when they played hardball with his RFA?

Should've just kept Dragic.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Not sure what's happening, but if this move end up giving minutes to Booker, I'm all for it.
    About time the young guns on the team get some PT to develop.

Inb4 they trade Bledsoe for another PG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus

As I said, he put up 17,5,4 beofre being traded, at 23 in his third year in the league.

I can't imagine when hes 27 and in his 7th year, that $14m per won't look like a steal.