Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russel Westbrook or Damian Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Whichever guy had the better game most recently....isn't that how it works?
    Or, in this case, apparently the one who hit a game winner. Huge shot from Lillard, and he was good in the series albeit against a Rockets team that doesn't play much defense. Either way, I'm just surprised that every post in this thread (so far) has said Lillard. Westbrook is the better player right now. That may not be the case in the future, but right now it is.

I think Lillard would be a better pair for KD if that makes sense. He has no problem passing the ball. Good sense of when to shoot and when to pass. Can playoff ball. Never pouts like Westbrook.

Westbrook is a more consistent player and more dominant. Lillard is all about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Or, in this case, apparently the one who hit a game winner. Huge shot from Lillard, and he was good in the series albeit against a Rockets team that doesn't play much defense. Either way, I'm just surprised that every post in this thread (so far) has said Lillard. Westbrook is the better player right now. That may not be the case in the future, but right now it is.

Wow. Just wow. After all this hype about Beverley going to shutdown Lillard and how Lin can contain Lillard with ease. Not to mention Dwight and Asik are elite defenders in the paint. Now all of a sudden he did this against scrubs.

Worst post of the year by far.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    You say athleticism like it's merely run and jump, or that he's Rudy Gay (as an athlete) and not Russell Westbrook.

Westbrook is quite possibly the best athlete in the NBA and that athleticism allows him to reel triple doubles and average 22/7/6, even with all his faults. It's why he's one of the best rebounding guards, one of the best at thefts, how he gets to the line better than almost everyone, and so on. But yeah, he also can run real fast and jump real high.
    Given all that I still take Lillard. Westbrook's attitude is too shitty and emotional to ever be a real threat. Plus his shooting is ass.

Damian Lillard is so overrated now it isn't even funny. The kid hits a few clutch shots and all of sudden he is a legend.

Let's forget that he is terribly inefficient, let's forget he is one of the worst defenders in the league, let's forget he isn't that great of a passer, but hey, he can shoot threes! TOP 3 PG no doubt about it.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Whichever guy had the better game most recently....isn't that how it works?
    Everyone is saying Lillard yet Westbrook yesterday had a triple double on 60% shooting. It was a good attempt though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Damian Lillard is so overrated now it isn't even funny. The kid hits a few clutch shots and all of sudden he is a legend.

Let's forget that he is terribly inefficient, let's forget he is one of the worst defenders in the league, let's forget he isn't that great of a passer, but hey, he can shoot threes! TOP 3 PG no doubt about it.

knee jerk reactions

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Well, I put Lillard with the stipulation that he improves his defense He's more efficient and can play off-ball more easily, so I'd prefer him, but not right now with the huge gap in defense

Lillard's 3 point shooting and ability to draw fouls actually makes him more efficient than most guards. 56% TS. If he can improve his rim finishing (which he was near the end of the season) he can be really scary.
    Last edited by Inferno; 05-04-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Well he did average 26/7/6 on 47/49/88.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

He's been hitting clutch shots his entire career. The playoffs are just confirming what we all already knew

Both are Kobe disciples tho

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Wow. Just wow. After all this hype about Beverley going to shutdown Lillard and how Lin can contain Lillard with ease. Not to mention Dwight and Asik are elite defenders in the paint. Now all of a sudden he did this against scrubs.

Worst post of the year by far.
    Right. All the bullshit that's posted on here every day, including quite a few awful posts from you, and this is the "worst post of the year by far." Hyperbole much?

Where did I say he played against the scrubs. I'm sorry if my wording was wrong or confusing. The Rockets this year weren't awful defensively like they were last year but, for the most part, they still don't play great defense. I think their biggest problem more than anything is consistency on that end of the floor.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Westbrook is the better overall player. If I was starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take him. There are some cases where Lillard would be a better fit though. If your team badly needed perimeter shooting.

Lillard is the better shooter but give me Westbrook 10 times out of 10. His tenacity and desire to win is 2nd to none.

Local High School Star

Lilard is a true floor general. Its not like lilard's not athletic anyways, (for people taking westbrook because of athleticism). Plus, Lilard has a shot and is super clutch.

Give me Westbrook.