Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: First Week of being Vegetarian

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Vegetarians don't bother me as much as the gluten-free crowd. I'm not talking about people who have a true medical condition that requires them to avoid gluten, but rather hipsters who have jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon due to the new age pseudoscience they've read.
    i am new age hipster i dont like the term pseudoscience

Vegetarians don't bother me as much as the gluten-free crowd. I'm not talking about people who have a true medical condition that requires them to avoid gluten, but rather hipsters who have jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon due to the new age pseudoscience they've read.
    Meh, idk I think all of that kind of stuff is good simply because it gets people to try new things and see how their body reacts. You never really know what will make you feel better until you try it. I tried eating gluten free for a few month because I have ulcerative colitis and thought it might help me out. It didn't so I dropped it.

People who do new diets and don't really see any benefit or actually suffer because of it are really annoying tho. They wear their diet induced agony as some weird badge of honor.

cool story bro

I was very close to jumping on the gluten-free ship, but its just too restrictive IMO. Gluten is shit doe.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I recently read somewhere that America has an epidemic of misdiagnosed food allergies because our basic level allergy testing which is covered by health insurance is very imprecise. Specifically this study discovered that people who were previously diagnosed with peanut allergies who took more specific testing (which people would have to pay for out of pocket) were really only allergic to certain types of pollen found on peanut shells, rather than peanuts itself.

This study found something like 2/3rds of people diagnosed with peanut allergies weren't really allergic to peanuts at all.

Gluten free is the biggest poser shit around. It's like a 1-10,000 affliction and you got every d-bag health-poser out there claiming they can't have gluten.

College superstar

I went Vegetarian for a few months. Had I not done it I'd never have found falafel and hummus. ****ing love that stuff!

Real men eat meat.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Real men eat meat.
    Fur burgers?