Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: At this point give me Lebron over Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    ... have you seen Lebron highlights? Highlights don't tell anything, sorry. Most people that watched both play say Brans better
    You don't have to watch highlights if he is still playing dumbass

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    na.. lebrons good but he does have a name like larry bird yet. itel be hard for him to overtake him. its not just about credentials ... i mean look at kobe. hes won 2 more rings than bird and people still act like he needs 1-2 more to touch bird.

these guys like jordan, magic, bird might have 6/5/3 rings... but the names these guys have make it seem like jordan has 20 rings/ magic 15/ bird 10 etc... you know what i mean?

lebron has no shot at passing bird without a few more titles
    Lebron is already better than bird and will pass him in every possible stat..other than possibly championships and bird played on true stacked teams

Career wise it's still Bird ofcourse but as players, i wouldnt mind if u choose either, they're that close IMO.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quality thread, 5*'d, will read again.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    You don't have to watch highlights if he is still playing dumbass
    Calling someone a dumbass when you don't even realize my point being that highlights can make anyone look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    LeBron would honestly cry if he had to face the bad boy Pistons in the playoffs.
    Nah he would break their bones.

Made that high school varsity squad

agree with OP

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Lebron is already better than bird and will pass him in every possible stat..other than possibly championships and bird played on true stacked teams
    no he's not. bird was an infinitely better shooter, a better playmaker (and the master of the "touch-pass"), could finish inside and out, could post-up, there was literally nothing on the court that bird couldn't do.

not to mention bird saved the nba, won more rings, won 3-pt shooting contests, and you start to see the difference between an all-time great, and a legend.

Banned

Calling someone a dumbass when you don't even realize my point being that highlights can make anyone look amazing
    You clearly didnt understand my point, I was mocking Jameer, because he usually makes these assumptions based on a youtube video.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

... have you seen Lebron highlights? Highlights don't tell anything, sorry. Most people that watched both play say Brans better
    his point went right over your head, jackass.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    no he's not. bird was an infinitely better shooter, a better playmaker (and the master of the "touch-pass"), could finish inside and out, could post-up, there was literally nothing on the court that bird couldn't do.

not to mention bird saved the nba, won more rings, won 3-pt shooting contests, and you start to see the difference between an all-time great, and a legend.
    I'm one of the bigger Bird homers on this forum and yes, he was amazing, but LeBron is a better ball-handler than Bird and a better defender than Bird. Don't get me wrong, Bird was underrated as a defender, and is one of the best help defenders in history but LeBron's all around defense trumps Bird's D. Both are on my all-time starting 5 though.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by finchyyy
    I'm one of the bigger Bird homers on this forum and yes, he was amazing, but LeBron is a better ball-handler than Bird and a better defender than Bird. Don't get me wrong, Bird was underrated as a defender, and is one of the best help defenders in history but LeBron's all around defense trumps Bird's D. Both are on my all-time starting 5 though.
    we'd have to disagree on the defensive department. bird was a proficient post defender and man-defender (remember the play where jordan crossed him up and pulled up in his face? that was one of jordan's better moves in his prime and bird stuck with him) he also had more defensive versatility (had the size and wing-span to effectively guard pf's unlike bran) and i believe he was an underrated ball-handler too. he was very magic johnson-esque even during the time with the real thing.

he wasn't called larry legend just for show. his spot has been solidified already.

Good college starter

By the time Lebron retires, this won't even be a discussion. Easily the best SF ever.

Local High School Star

Should hope everyone would take Lebron. Bird is 58 years old, fat, can't move, and has a bum back.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe

Lebron would dominate bird one on one and just could do more on the court.. Your a Lebron hater love Kobe but fact is Lebron when its said and done will pass both on all time lists.