Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: No way Miami beats the Spurs in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    Link?
    1) Basketball Reference

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...13_finals.html

2) NBA.COM

http://www.nba.com/history/records/f...reethrows.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page. They need to update the record for the fewest free-throws in a 7-game series with the 2013 Miami-San Antonio series (still showing the old record).

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Why is it so hard to believe that SA had more freethrows than Miami?

I watched every single minute of the series and if anything SA was getting all the calls.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I don't want to see a Spurs or Thunder rematch vs the Heat. The Clippers need to pull it together because that will be the most fun series if they manage to make it to the finals.

NBA Superstar

I have a very difficult time seeing Miami go down. In fact, I feel these sort of threads falsely lend credence to the misguided notion that Miami is somehow working against the odds.

LeBron James is one of the greatest players of all-time. He did an admirable job in helping a team of Zydrunases and Sashas get to the Finals in 2007. To then add the likes of stars Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, and Ray Allen to the mix - even if they were all walking corpses (which they're not), it's a squad with such a high amount of shear ability that they can overcome certain shortcomings that would normally spell doom for regular basketball teams.

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Why is it so hard to believe that SA had more freethrows than Miami?

I watched every single minute of the series and if anything SA was getting all the calls.
    Pacers as well.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Pacers as well.
    Oh trust me I noticed, a lot of spectacular things happened last year and i think that contributes into overshadowing the disgusting ref bias towards every team that faced the Heat.

High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

One thing almost none of you have mentioned in this thread is that the Spurs of last year without homecourt and with a slightly worse team (arguably) came within an offensive rebound of winning in 6. So why all of a sudden will the Heat for sure beat the Spurs?

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

OKC in 5 vs Spurs

Miami in 5 vs OKC

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    One thing almost none of you have mentioned in this thread is that the Spurs of last year without homecourt and with a slightly worse team (arguably) came within an offensive rebound of winning in 6. So why all of a sudden will the Heat for sure beat the Spurs?
    Spurs also had their role players going off from 3 the majority of the series. Look at all the crap they tossed up that went in. Neal, Green, Leonard, and even Diaw couldn't even miss most of the series. Hell, Parker won game 1 and almost game 6 by hitting absurd shots. People talk about Miami getting lucky with Allen's shot. But the Spurs caught almost every break that series. The officiating was disgustingly in favor of SA.

Quote Originally Posted by tjgoHAM
    prove it
    Quote Originally Posted by New World Order
    1) Basketball Reference

2) NBA.COM

Scroll to the bottom of the page. They need to update the record for the fewest free-throws in a 7-game series with the 2013 Miami-San Antonio series (still showing the old record).
    man not only were you wrong but you were HELLA wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Heat in 6
    This nikka

Heat in 3

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New World Order
    1) Basketball Reference

2) NBA.COM

Yah, but the Spurs were one of the best teams at the league at not fouling last year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=opp_fta

AND they let Lebron shoot wide open jumpers for the first half of the series. It wasn't a badly reffed series. In fact, the only real controversial calls (ones the announcers made huge talking points from) were Allen's hack on Ginobili's arm and Bosh bodying Green out of bounds, both in the last 5 seconds of OT in Game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Yah, but the Spurs were one of the best teams at the league at not fouling last year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=opp_fta

AND they let Lebron shoot wide open jumpers for the first half of the series. It wasn't a badly reffed series. In fact, the only real controversial calls (ones the announcers made huge talking points from) were Allen's hack on Ginobili's arm and Bosh bodying Green out of bounds, both in the last 5 seconds of OT in Game 6.
    that wasn't the point. people were complaining about superstar calls and refs rigging it for the heat which isn't true as the above links prove that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    man not only were you wrong but you were HELLA wrong

wrong about what? I simply asked for proof that the Heat got more FT's than the Spurs.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    that wasn't the point. people were complaining about superstar calls and refs rigging it for the heat which isn't true as the above links prove that.
    I'm not saying it was rigged for the Heat, just that there were 2 really bad calls in the last 5 seconds of G6 to force game 7. The Heat know that the refs are going to swallow their whistles in Miami on a last play (they did it again last night as JJ got bumped over and over and hit across the arm on the last play with no call...or when Lebron raked Pierce's arm, which would have been free throws, but no call). These weren't as bad as Allen's rake on Ginobili or Bosh bodying Green into the bench, but it would have been called in the first 46 minutes of the game (which is the comment JVG made in the Finals). In that regard the Heat are smart for playing that aggressive on the last play of huge games when they know it's not going to be called...but at some point, you have to give the shooter space to make a move...I mean, look at what they handed Westbrook! You're telling me there was remotely as much contact on Westbrook's 3 as there was on Ginobili or Green or Joe Johnson or Paul Pierce?