Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN: Joel Embiid to visit with Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickPerkins
    He's gonna bust.

Wiggins should be the pick, imo.
    He's the smart pick for Cleveland or anyone for that matter but for sure Cleveland. Him being on the court automatically makes the game easier for Irving and Waiters. I want wiggins on the Sixers by he would have that impact on Cleveland.

Well Andre Drummond is a different story, hes more like a Mutombo/Camby type player that is meant to be much more of a rebounder than an offensive center. I'd never imagine Drummond averaging anything close to 20ppg, his offensive game just aint there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The fall of Andre Drummond in the draft has already gone a long way to easing those fears. Lots of teams now regret allowing him to fall. Btw, Drummond had the same exact injury that Embiid had. It didn't seem to hurt his impact this past season.

That reminds me... want to see something scary? You know how big Drummond looks when he's on the floor?

Joel Embiid - 7'1 height, 7'5.75 wingspan, 9'5.5 standing reach

Wow. That standing reach is just completely absurd. Let's put that in perspective, shall we? These are the guys who are considered to have freakish length around the league.

Anthony Davis - 6'10.5 height, 7'5.5 wingspan, 9'0 standing reach

Andre Drummond - 6'11.75 height, 7'6.25 wingspan, 9'1.5 standing reach

Dwight Howard - 6'10.25 height, 7' 4.5 wingspan, 9' 3.5 standing reach

Roy Hibbert - 7'2 height, 7'4 wingspan, 9'4 standing reach

LaMarcus Aldridge - 6'11.25 height, 7' 4.75 wingspan, 9'2 standing reach

Nerlens Noel - 6'11.75 height, 7'3.75 wingspan, 9'2 standing reach

...that standing reach is just .
    So Dwight's 1.5 inches shorter than Drummond and has 1.75 inches LESS in the wingspan department but has a 2 inch higher standing reach?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    So Dwight's 1.5 inches shorter than Drummond and has 1.75 inches LESS in the wingspan department but has a 2 inch higher standing reach?
    That's really where DHo is freakishly built. He has a relatively thin/long torso. And, to think Embiid still has him by a full two inches in standing reach? Crazy. That's getting into Wilt Chamberlain territory.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Bigs don't stay healthy. And wing players are the ones winning championships
    What? You need elite bigs on your team in order to win a championship, unless your team has MJ or Bran.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    What? You need elite bigs on your team in order to win a championship, unless your team has MJ or Bran.
    Wiggins is the next Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    His game really couldn't be less like LeBron's. They have pretty much nothing in common, outside of both being incredible natural athletes.

Yes. Minus the dribbling and passing he's exactly like him. I'm a Wiggins fan and want him on the Sixers but please tell me how their games are similar?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Yes. Minus the dribbling and passing he's exactly like him. I'm a Wiggins fan and want him on the Sixers but please tell me how their games are similar?
    Anyone who has studied these guys should at that comment, and I'm no Wiggins hater. I think he could end up being really good, but in a completely different kind of way.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

The fall of Andre Drummond in the draft has already gone a long way to easing those fears. Lots of teams now regret allowing him to fall. Btw, Drummond had the same exact injury that Embiid had. It didn't seem to hurt his impact this past season.

That reminds me... want to see something scary? You know how big Drummond looks when he's on the floor?

Joel Embiid - 7'1 height, 265 pounds, 7'5.75 wingspan, 9'5.5 standing reach

Anthony Davis - 6'10.5 height, 220 pounds, 7'5.5 wingspan, 9'0 standing reach

Andre Drummond - 6'11.75 height, 270 pounds, 7'6.25 wingspan, 9'1.5 standing reach

Dwight Howard - 6'10.25 height, 240 pounds, 7' 4.5 wingspan, 9' 3.5 standing reach

Roy Hibbert - 7'2 height, 278 pounds, 7'4 wingspan, 9'4 standing reach

LaMarcus Aldridge - 6'11.25 height, 240 pounds, 7' 4.75 wingspan, 9'2 standing reach

Nerlens Noel - 6'11.75 height, 210 pounds, 7'3.75 wingspan, 9'2 standing reach

...that standing reach is just .

can't wait to hear the results of the physical

Anyone who has studied these guys should at that comment, and I'm no Wiggins hater. I think he could end up being really good, but in a completely different kind of way.
    Why can't Wiggins just be himself? He's a kid, he's raw, he's going to develop into something but it's not going to be like Lebron and that's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Why can't Wiggins just be himself? He's a kid, he's raw, he's going to develop into something but it's not going to be like Lebron and that's just fine.
    Agreed.

In any other draft, Wiggins' insane athleticism would probably be too much for me to resist at No. 1, even with the more polished Parker available.

But, Embiid is an incredibly rare breed, especially in today's day and age of unskilled centers and PFs posing as centers. He's a throwback.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Idk man I don't see many elite bigs out there in the playoffs. All the great ones have gone home already.

I'll take the wing who will probably give me 15 years over the big who will start breaking down in a couple years. Humans aren't meant to be 7'1 lol

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Only explanation I can think for this is that some take measurements telling the player to raise one arm and some take the measurement actually asking the player to reach upwards. That or Dwight's arms just aren't that long and most of it is shoulder width, but Drummond's got pretty big shoulders as well. I'd go with the former.