Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to buy Clippers for $2 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    2 billion?

Damn...that is literally paying double (at least) for what it is actually worth.

God...the NBA is making out like a bandit with this Sterling thing. They look great for getting rid of a racist owner...and now it seems people are willing to go crazy to buy this franchise.
    What was the Lakers tv contract? Around 3 billion? The dude will easily make a some of that money back when it comes time to negotiate a tv contract. People forget Sterling is the worst owner in all of pro sports. The Clippers routinely turned a profit despite being the shittiest team in the NBA. The league literally had to gift them Chris Paul for them to even be talked about. Now imagine a owner who's actually willing to spend and go into luxury tax in the LA market.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Ballmer to buy Clippers for $2 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    12 millions to be exact. Nice profit.
    Does he have any kids? Cause he won't take them with him...

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Say hello to the Clippers new mascot

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Cause black people aren't racist? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day.
    Given the hysteria around this whole debacle it seems that the only correct option is a black billionaire buying the team.

Next thing you know you'll have TMZ wiring Balmers house and phones to make sure he isn't "racist"?

A lie detector test should also be administered before the sale. Balmer has to swear 5 times a day that he's not racist. A solid sample size should give us an idea.

Simply a matter of public interest w/ the Clippers organization and the NBA at heart that's all.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 05-29-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Seattle Supersonics are back baby!

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    He co founded and was long term CEO of one the biggest companies in the world (Microsoft). 35th richest person in the world.
    He was not a cofounder of Microsoft, but he was CEO after Gates. Paul Allen, who owns the Blazers, is the cofounder of Microsoft. I mean how can you watch basketball and not know that? Ballmer is the guy who said that the iPhone wouldn't get any market share and laughed at it. Ballmer is a blowhard and even more annoying that Cuban. He's known for being obnoxious and being a quote machine (not always in a good way). Either way, he overpaid for this team but that doesn't matter, he won't be selling it any time soon. Enjoy this video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I14b-C67EXY

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I dont know much about this dude at all. In what ways is he smarter?

Dude, Steve Ballmer..... Microsoft...... him and Bill Gates.... come on

it's like asking who is Steve Wozniak

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Dude, Steve Ballmer..... Microsoft...... him and Bill Gates.... come on

it's like asking who is Steve Wozniak

Uhh... I didn't say I didn't know who he is. I said I don't know much about him. Someone asserted that he's smarter than Mark Cuban. I asked in what ways.

So far nobody has answered the question.

On top of Ballmer flat out saying he won't move them because it would be value destructive, I'll give you two reasons they won't:

Population of Metro Seattle: 3.5 million

Population of the Greater Los Angeles Area: 18 million

Not even factoring in that the Lakers also market to San Diego, Las Vegas, and I believe Hawaii, so I'm assuming the Clippers do too, at least to SD.

....*breath*

TWO F*CKING BILLION DOLLARS.

Banned

Gates might as well join his buddies and buy a team too

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Silver
    Ballmer just requested that I let him take the team to Seattle. What do you guys think? Should I let him?
    Board of governors vote doe.

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    so bizarre...lol

you have one person saying one thing and another saying the opposite...

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
    There is now a signed, binding agreement between Ballmer and the Sterling family trust to sell the Clippers for $2billion, ESPN has learned

Andrea Chang ‏@byandreachang
    Sterling's lawyer told me that Sterling already has "a couple billion dollars," so "he could not care less" about Ballmer's $2-billion bid.
    loool... yeah it's only $2,000,000,000

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Gotta suck to overpay like that knowing you have an overrated PG who cant get past the second round. But it is the ex Microsoft boss we are talking about...wow.

Default Re: Steve Ballmer to buy Clippers for $2 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Disagree. A huge reason they struggled was cheap ownership. Assuming the NBA approves the sale they'll be in L.A. with a great coach, rich owner and a superstar pf to build with. Especially of Buss proves incompetent they have a great chance to make a mark.

This. Clippers went from a racist, dirtbag cheapskate and now have an owner with some of the deepest pockets in the NBA. Ballmer is going to put some major money into that team, even more than he has already, won't be shocked to see them as one of the NBA's premier teams for a long time to come.