Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread:

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Stats in fact are shit, and have no value to the game.
    Something a typical Kobe stan would say. Stats absolutely matter. Ever wonder why all the greats good stats? 20 ppg = 5 ppg in your eyes?

People who devalue stats are the worst. They think it makes them look so smart pretending they're seeing something we aren't but in actuality they don't have any to back their case or they're just looking for a lazy argument.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re:

Too bad Kobe has amazing numbers.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Default Re:

He's a winner. If I want to win I want him on my team

Default Re:

Not even close. Wouldn't crack top 100. But top 150 yea probably.

Default Re:

I was gonna compare this situation to Fisher and Horry since they too were huge role players, but Manu is on a different level. Manu takes the ball right at 6'11 Kevin Durant, not worried about his length or height late in the game and scores with ease. I wanna say you can't rate him top 50 because he doesn't have the awards and stats these other players have, but he is so ****ing good.

Default Re:

I think he needs a FMVP to get there, good chance he gets one since it will be a toss up between him, Duncan and Parker.

Default Re:

For sure an HOFer no question. For sure at one time one of the top 5 SG's on the planet. And arguably from a TOTAL PACKAGE standpoint, one of the top 10 SG's of all time peak wise. I mean other than the guys like MJ, Kobe, Wade, West, Drexler, and T-Mac, who was a more complete a player at the SG spot? He could legit play and defend PG, SG, and SF. But with all that said, I can't put Manu in the top 50 players of all time. I think he's one of the FEW TRUE second or third option guys u could say could thrive as an alpha dog on another team. He did what it took to win and was willing to come off the bench often or blend in with his teammates for the greater good. The way he wills team to victory through scoring, passing, and defense indicates he could have thrived as a dominant alpha dog SG. The only negative I can say is Manu was injury prone. And could have hampered that alpha dog ability if he needed on another team depending on the timeframe.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Not even close. Wouldn't crack top 100. But top 150 yea probably.
    So much this. Stop overrating him. Ray allen and Pau Gasol arent top 50 players of all time, let alone Manu.

Default Re:

He's not better than Sidney Moncrief, and Moncrief isn't top 50.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    the top 50 list is not really a 50 best players ever list. It includes guys like mikan and cousy.

Its more of a top 50 most accomplished players list.

I mean lets be honest would mikan be better than splitter?
    It's a top 50 list of accomplished players. You don't penalize guys for playing in a different era. You rank them on what they did. And there's no way to know how good Mikan would be if he grew up in this era, but I'm guessing it's a bit better than Splitter.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Have you looked at Manu's and nique's accomplishments? Wilkins may have scored more points but Manu fills up the career achievements list.
    'Nique never had a team like the Spurs have had for over a decade. Never played with a big like Duncan. Makes a lot of difference, no?

Also, "Manu fills up the career achievements list?" Meaning what, exactly? Manu is a two-time All-Star, two-time All-NBA 3rd team pick and Sixth Man of the Year. Wilkins was a 9-time All-Star, 4-time All-NBA 2nd team pick, two-time All-NBA 3rd team pick and once made the All-NBA 1st team. Also made the All-Rookie 1st team out of college compared to Manu's All-Rookie 2nd team selection as a older rookie.

Manu has more rings through playing on much, much, MUCH better teams.

Serious playground baller

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Stats in fact are shit, and have no value to the game.
    "Top 50" is also a stat of sorts and it means even less than actual stats.

Manu Ginobili just oozes class with his passing, his decision-making, his whole presence. He would be a great player in any team.
    You don't need the top 5 players to make the best team. You need 5 players that together are the best team. And Ginobili -others as well of course- could be one of those 5.

Serious playground baller

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Something a typical Kobe stan would say. Stats absolutely matter. Ever wonder why all the greats good stats? 20 ppg = 5 ppg in your eyes?

People who devalue stats are the worst. They think it makes them look so smart pretending they're seeing something we aren't but in actuality they don't have any to back their case or they're just looking for a lazy argument.
    Stats are quite imperfect, they don't tell you what shots did someone make, what the defence did to prevent those shots, a good pass that leads to an easy assist goes unmentioned and so on.

How we record stats will definitely improve, until then eyes>stats.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Default Re:

Default Re:

Debateable.

He's only getting $7 million this season. He took a massive paycut from where he is worth 12-13 million. MG and TD took huge paycuts and now it is paying off for them making the Finals again.