Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: World Cup: Group F (Argentina, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria)

Quote Originally Posted by EMERE
    Are people seriously putting Bosnia over Argentina

Wtf
    I have a feeling the Argies will fail epically at this tournament. I hope I'm just being generous with the 2nd place.

Argentinian football players are always great, any time.
    But somehow the NT hasn't gone anywhere in the last 30 years except the Maradona team (and to be honest Messi, as much as I like him, is not the same type of player).

They probably have a problem with the quality of coaches. Sabella for instance does not convince me one bit.

Appreciate yall ISHiots that will be rooting for Bosnia

I don't think we will beat Argentina, they are really damn good. But who knows, we are playing a new formation right now that is doing great. I am in LOVE with Besic, he is EXACTLYYYYYY what we were searching for in Medunjanin, Zahirovic, Hadzic, all the CDM's we have been playing in the past. This kid is EVERYWHERE, annoying the opposing team every chance he gets. Great passer too, I just hope he doesn't make runs like he tried tonight vs Mexico Muha is a perfect nickname for him, the normal nickname in Bosnia for the name Muhamed, but also it means fly as in the bug, which is what he is on the field.

I see Argentina beating us 2-0 again doee. I hope Nigeria won't be a problem, seeing how they played vs Greece I don't think they will be. And lets not **** up against Iran, please...

Do you think Besic and Hajrovic will play Sajo? And Salihovic or Kolasinac at left back? I must admit I'm not entirely up to stuff when it comes to the Bosnian team, I figured Ibisevic might play since Susic always seemed to find a spot for him during the qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Do you think Besic and Hajrovic will play Sajo? And Salihovic or Kolasinac at left back? I must admit I'm not entirely up to stuff when it comes to the Bosnian team, I figured Ibisevic might play since Susic always seemed to find a spot for him during the qualifiers.
    If he plays some variation of a 4-5-1 then Ibisevic will find himself on the bench, which is a good thing because he has been in awful form this season and brings absolutely nothing new to the team. He could be a good option from the bench tho as we have absolutely no one on the bench who could come in an score a goal.
    Personally i'd like to see this lineup
    Mujdza-Bicakcic-Spahic-Kolasinac
    Besic
    Medunjanin-Pjanic
    Hajrovic Lulic
    Dzeko

Kolasinac is a lock, so should Besic be judging by his last 2 performances and he gives our midfield a good balance he's a real Midfield Destroyer and someone who works very hard, compared to Medunjanin,Pjanic, Misimovic and Salihovic who all look very sluggish on the pitch.
    But knowing Susic he will look for a way to start Misimovic who is in terrible shape and might not even last 20 minutes in the Brazilian heat.

My biggest concern with Bosnia except obviously experience is how would they comeback after the 6-1 beating they will get in the first round from Argentina. They need to be mentally strong.

Banned

Argentina will be first with 7 or 9 points easily

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    If he plays some variation of a 4-5-1 then Ibisevic will find himself on the bench, which is a good thing because he has been in awful form this season and brings absolutely nothing new to the team. He could be a good option from the bench tho as we have absolutely no one on the bench who could come in an score a goal.
    Personally i'd like to see this lineup
    Mujdza-Bicakcic-Spahic-Kolasinac
    Besic
    Medunjanin-Pjanic
    Hajrovic Lulic
    Dzeko

Kolasinac is a lock, so should Besic be judging by his last 2 performances and he gives our midfield a good balance he's a real Midfield Destroyer and someone who works very hard, compared to Medunjanin,Pjanic, Misimovic and Salihovic who all look very sluggish on the pitch.
    But knowing Susic he will look for a way to start Misimovic who is in terrible shape and might not even last 20 minutes in the Brazilian heat.
    I'd put Vranjes over Bicakcic personally. Salihovic, Ibisevic and Misimovic should definitely come off the bench at this point and hopefully Misimovic does. It would be a damn shame and a big mistake to have him starting.

I'm excited to see what people think of Besic in the world cup. He has been arguably one of the best players these past 2 games, if not the best.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Argentinian football players are always great, any time.
    But somehow the NT hasn't gone anywhere in the last 30 years except the Maradona team (and to be honest Messi, as much as I like him, is not the same type of player).

They probably have a problem with the quality of coaches. Sabella for instance does not convince me one bit.
    yes, the argentina from the 2010 world cup suffered and Messi wasnt the Messi he is from barcelona

But ive watched all of their games ever since sabella took pver and theres been huge improvement since then, Messi now seems to be comfortable enough wearing the albiceleste and performing amazing while doing so

Mind you im basing this from there elimination games

Thats the problem that people generally have, comparing one past and present players, I did not get to watch Maradona, Im sure he was great, but the things that Ive seen messi do on the pitch are near superhuman, so Im pretty sure Messi isnt so far off Maradona in terms of the futbol player itself

And bosnia beating mexico is no achievement, simply because mexico is not doing anything at the wc.

I still cant believe how some you are placing bosnia over argentina, thats like placing croatia over brazil or mexico over brazil

Will argentina struggle a little? Yes, because im sure they will park the bus when Argentina plays them, and argentina is most of a counter attacking team, they dont know how to play with possession

Quote Originally Posted by EMERE
    yes, the argentina from the 2010 world cup suffered and Messi wasnt the Messi he is from barcelona

But ive watched all of their games ever since sabella took pver and theres been huge improvement since then, Messi now seems to be comfortable enough wearing the albiceleste and performing amazing while doing so

Mind you im basing this from there elimination games

Thats the problem that people generally have, comparing one past and present players, I did not get to watch Maradona, Im sure he was great, but the things that Ive seen messi do on the pitch are near superhuman, so Im pretty sure Messi isnt so far off Maradona in terms of the futbol player itself
    I do not want to turn this into one more Messi vs Maradona debate, so I won't touch the "talent" issue. Yes, Messi does exciting things no less exciting than Maradona did.
    What I'm telling is just they're not the same type of player. Messi is much more "just a forward" whereas Maradona contributed on more ground. He was more capable to impact the game from the midfield onwards.
    Or, in other words, Messi needs a supporting cast much more than Maradona did.

Mind you, this is not diminishing Messi from my side. I am not one that excludes the possibility that Messi will be the GOAT when it's all said and done, because is talent is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I'd put Vranjes over Bicakcic personally. Salihovic, Ibisevic and Misimovic should definitely come off the bench at this point and hopefully Misimovic does. It would be a damn shame and a big mistake to have him starting.

I'm excited to see what people think of Besic in the world cup. He has been arguably one of the best players these past 2 games, if not the best.
    Zukanovic! He should be starting, very good technically for a CB, tall the perfect partner for Spahic, but Susic is just Of course he nominates someone like Sunjic, dude looked lost against Drogba.
    Vranjes i could see the argument, he brings a lot of Energy. I might even consider starting him over Mujdza at least against Argentina since Mujdza doesn't seem to be in top condition.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Hajrovic and besic locked up starting spots vs argentina because of our last 2 friendlies, I'm sure they both start. Ibisevic is for sure coming off the bench, and there is no way misimovic isn't starting. Slow, ik, but he is still better than medunjanin.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    Zukanovic! He should be starting, very good technically for a CB, tall the perfect partner for Spahic, but Susic is just Of course he nominates someone like Sunjic, dude looked lost against Drogba.
    Vranjes i could see the argument, he brings a lot of Energy. I might even consider starting him over Mujdza at least against Argentina since Mujdza doesn't seem to be in top condition.
    ****ing hate sunjic...such a garbage player. Zukanovic couldn't get a visa btw

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    I do not want to turn this into one more Messi vs Maradona debate, so I won't touch the "talent" issue. Yes, Messi does exciting things no less exciting than Maradona did.
    What I'm telling is just they're not the same type of player. Messi is much more "just a forward" whereas Maradona contributed on more ground. He was more capable to impact the game from the midfield onwards.
    Or, in other words, Messi needs a supporting cast much more than Maradona did.

Mind you, this is not diminishing Messi from my side. I am not one that excludes the possibility that Messi will be the GOAT when it's all said and done, because is talent is incredible.
    well leo does play as 10 with argentina, and he has done amazing so far

But messi becomes that kind of player when his surrounded with a strong supporting cast ala aguero, higuain, di maria, and from what I saw, Leo carried argentina on his shoulders when the eliminination rounds started till it ended.

With argentina he plays a real 10

Ao yes, messi does need a team, everyone does
    Last edited by EMERE; 06-04-2014 at 10:50 AM.