Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Any theories about how the ghetto Houdini pulls off the salt trick?

dudes a pimp

   

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    How Cyril done his glass trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_jI6g4Kcz8
    he was a little off on a couple pts, but yea.

with the sub one he had different props. he has some of the most clever props in the 8ndustry from what i've read.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yea, i was gonna say... pretty obvious that he has a hand reservoir... not sure if it's the finger or palm variety or what. the reason he always touches both hands together is because he's transferring the reservoir (or the contents) back and forth.

the ball trick is pretty obvious... easy enough to work out for anyone.

the card stuff-- no idea... i never learned that one. but it might be specially-designed cards that telescope out of that same hand reservoir. which makes sense, since he empties them out at the beginning to make room for the salt / liquid stuff that comes after.
    the card tricks arent that impressive.

the coughing up the card one is quite simple to do and you can see him palm the cards as soon as he put the initial deck which is bigger than a normal deck. The flipping the cards out one at a time, you kinda just hide the cards in between your finger cracks but takes practice to pull it off smoothly.

Most of the stuff he does is in terms of a professional magician, amateur...

   

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    the card tricks arent that impressive.

the coughing up the card one is quite simple to do and you can see him palm the cards as soon as he put the initial deck which is bigger than a normal deck. The flipping the cards out one at a time, you kinda just hide the cards in between your finger cracks but takes practice to pull it off smoothly.

well, how about we get a vid of you doing his card stuff since it's so infantile?

well, how about we get a vid of you doing his card stuff since it's so infantile?

did i say i was a professional magician?

Was trying to answer your queries but i get a smart ass response. nice.

   

Quote Originally Posted by eriX

did i say i was a professional magician?

Was trying to answer your queries but i get a smart ass response. nice.
    sorry about that, but i hadn't made any queries and you sounded pretty dismissive of his talents. yea, i was annoyed.

not to mention, when i want to learn how that card trick is done i can spend the time working it out myself and then confirm / get corrected by some experts. for now i'm just enjoying the fact that he's fooling me so deftly.

"This video is not available in your country."

but my browser tab says shawn farquhar, and i think you mean the one where he put the signed card in to a fresh deck?

i do remember that one. okay, notice that he opens both sealed decks himself? that definitely helps sell the trick, is what i will say.

cyril is still my man:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYezYV2ea0

Thoroughly enjoyed that Gigantes. Gunna watch the how to video now because my mind is officially blown to shrapnel pieces.