Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Iraq is about to fall, again. biggest foreign policy failure of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    Stalin was a sociopath like Hitler but Mao was much better.
    40 Million chinese died because he underestimated the time China would need to become a industrial nation. he thought they would only need a few years but he was wrong. he didnt commit genocide, their was just a huge hunger catastrophe. he never planned that.
    but thats another story
    This is a much more useful response. I appreciate it.

However I do not accept the belief that Chairman Mao has clean hands. But very few leaders, especially ones of the great importance that Mao has to his country, do.

   

Default Re: Iraq is about to fall, again. biggest foreign policy failure of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    yeah its like a million times worse. Genocide and ethic cleansing are worse than predatory foreign/economic policy.
    okay, mister decider of global morality.

can i just refer to you in future whenever i need international policies scored and compared? as always-- idea is to invalidate someone's opinion if they're on the wrong 'team'.

Banned

We got those weapons of mass destruction off the Iraqi streets doe. And we liberated the Iraqi people.

All in all, I'd say it wasn't a complete waste of time, money, and lives

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    i dont hate all Americans or the country as it is.
    i just think the American politics and government are the worst in world history and for more than 150 years at that.
    just my opinion.
    i could give thousand examples of why thats the case but right now watching WC
    Lol, for serious, bro? This is the most peaceful time in human history. Period.

Sure US foreign policy sucks but it's not some black-white thing like you're trying to make it out to be. It's a double edged sword that has benefited humanity more than it has hurt it.

Again, it's not perfect but would you rather a legitimate empire that colonizes everything (ex. the Brits) in charge? Or maybe some totalitarian dictator like Hitler/Mussolini/Stalin?

Because the US government does not even compare.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    So do you want to discuss this, Mr.Marx?

Well, i honestly was surprised anyone could be as stupid as you appear to be as to suggest that nazi Germany (and Franco and Mussolini's fascists) were the morally superior side in ww2 and its build-up. The US shouldn't have got involved at all with WW1, and most certainly chose the correct side when it came to WW2 (in fact, their hand was somewhat forced if you remember). You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.