Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The reason Lebron doesn't have a sense of urgency in these finals

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    It's because he knows he's already passed every active player, and he's still got the rest of his career to move up from 5-10 to 1-5.

Duncan is ahead of him for now but that can change, and he's already passed literally every other player who is active and could still compete with him in the all-time rankings. So there's no rush.

Heat have played in four straight finals now and that takes its toll. King James is doing the smart thing and not forcing the issue here, when he still has an entire career left to make moves up the list. There is no active player that can currently threaten him except for Duncan but he's about to retire so rather than expend all his energy on this finals, Bran is taking is as it comes and approaching it with the long-term, big picture in mind.

LeVision
    Wow...the things leStans say to help them sleep at night. Your post makes zero sense. Any player that makes it this far is going to not simply "not force the issue" about the last few games that separate them from another ring. Do you not understand that this is what these guys live for? Everyone in these finals are giving it their ALL and the sense of urgency is high no matter how much they try to down play it to the media.

The truth is that the Spurs are a superior team, and Bran is looking like a damn fool right now for colluding with a team that can't even 3 peat because even though his teammates are giving it their best, their best isn't good enough at this stage. I mean damn, if you're going to collude and make an ass out of yourself on national TV with the whole decision thing, you damn well better have something other than 2/5 to show for it and you damn well better have teammates that can stand the test of time.

Jordan choosing who he wanted to play with in 96-98 > Bran's decision.
    Kobe choosing who he wanted to play with in 00-02 > Bran's decision.

Very good NBA starter

So basically Lebron is a quitter.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    So basically Lebron is a quitter.
    name me one player who has never quit on their team, for not even one second.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat

Bran

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Probably because there is only like 10 minutes of actual "action' and 3 hours of commercials, timeouts and standing around. Oh and doesn't help that it is basically the pussyfied version of Rugby with armored pads. If I wanted to watch football, I would watch the real thing.
    You do realize those "rugby" blokes would get stomped the f*ck out by NFL athletes...right?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    or more like he gets exposed every playoffs like wilt so he has to join wade to win rings for him. I mean people still believe hes great when he was a ray allen away from being 1-5?? Are people really this stupid??
    Your right so if he is not great than I guess the nba is full if average and mediocre players cause he is certainly the best of the garbage going by your explanation.

Serious playground baller

This has to be the most stupid thing I've read in a long time.

"Yeah, I decided it was best to lose in the finals during the prime of my ability for the betterment of my career."

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk

Passion.

GTFO!!!!!!!

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by davehos
    This has to be the most stupid thing I've read in a long time.

"Yeah, I decided it was best to lose in the finals during the prime of my ability for the betterment of my career."
    if you can make an argument of how it's NOT a basketball game that is being played tomorrow.

then I am simply speechless.

Banned

He's not LETTING them win, he's simply taking a measured approach.
    So he's... coasting?

Saw a basketball once

It's because he knows he's already passed every active player, and he's still got the rest of his career to move up from 5-10 to 1-5.

Duncan is ahead of him for now but that can change, and he's already passed literally every other player who is active and could still compete with him in the all-time rankings. So there's no rush.

Heat have played in four straight finals now and that takes its toll. King James is doing the smart thing and not forcing the issue here, when he still has an entire career left to make moves up the list. There is no active player that can currently threaten him except for Duncan but he's about to retire so rather than expend all his energy on this finals, Bran is taking is as it comes and approaching it with the long-term, big picture in mind.

LeVision
    This is the most pathetic piece of crap I have ever read. This all but confirms that you are 10 years old. No way a grown a$s man could cop pleas for another man they do not know like this.

LeTard's fans getting insecure as fvck!

damage control, everywhere. lube up, lebron stans.

Very good NBA starter

What do other players have to do with Lebron quitting 3 games into the finals?