Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default So Were the Heat Really 'Coasting' During the RS...

Or were they just plain terrible?

Default Re: So Were the Heat Really 'Coasting' During the RS...

They still made the Finals and would have beaten every other Western Conference team not named San Antonio.

The Spurs offense was just too much for them.

I think Spo expected wade to be better in playoffs. That must be the reason he didn't have any line-ups with Beasley in them. A good coach could have used Beasley pretty well when heat were struggling to score a lot of the times.

They coasted some but couldn't turn it on in the finals. Spurs never let them...

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    I think Spo expected wade to be better in playoffs. That must be the reason he didn't have any line-ups with Beasley in them. A good coach could have used Beasley pretty well when heat were struggling to score a lot of the times.
    Yeah what was not playing B-easy about? Instant offence...

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

yep. they coasted all the way to the off-season

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    They still made the Finals and would have beaten every other Western Conference team not named San Antonio.

The Spurs offense was just too much for them.
    I'm not so sure about that. I think the Clippers would've given them a lot of trouble as well. CP3 and Blake together > Lebron, DJ and Bosh is a wash, and the combination of Redick + JCrawford >> Wade. Not to mention Doc is miles ahead of Spo as a coach, and the Clippers bench is deeper.

Even OKC with a healthy Ibaka would've been a nightmare for them. This Miami team is a shell of itself, they would've have trouble with just about every team in the West, with LA and OKC being legit threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I'm not so sure about that. I think the Clippers would've given them a lot of trouble as well. CP3 and Blake together > Lebron, DJ and Bosh is a wash, and the combination of Redick + JCrawford >> Wade. Not to mention Doc is miles ahead of Spo as a coach, and the Clippers bench is deeper.

Even OKC with a healthy Ibaka would've been a nightmare for them. This Miami team is a shell of itself, they would've have trouble with just about every team in the West, with LA and OKC being legit threats.
    clippers wouldnt win that series and okc would have lost handily. spurs>> these teams

Terrible teams don't get to the finals. Let's end this bullshit right now. The Heat were an elite team and better than every single team in the east, and would have easily raped the majority of teams in the west. Yes, that includes the Thunder.

Let's stop this "the Heat suck" crap. They weren't underdogs. They were champions making their fourth finals appearance in a row, with the best player in the game on their team. The Spurs were just better and hungrier. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Terrible teams don't get to the finals. Let's end this bullshit right now. The Heat were an elite team and better than every single team in the east, and would have easily raped the majority of teams in the west. Yes, that includes the Thunder.

Let's stop this "the Heat suck" crap. They weren't underdogs. They were champions making their fourth finals appearance in a row, with the best player in the game on their team. The Spurs were just better and hungrier. End of story.
    They do in the mighty eastern conference.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    clippers wouldnt win that series and okc would have lost handily. spurs>> these teams
    The Clippers would've shat on the Miami team that showed up to the Finals, dude. Same with OKC with a healthy Ibaka. If this was 2012 or 2013, it's Miami no question. But the Heat sucked hard ass these finals, they looked exhausted, worn out, and defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    They do in the mighty eastern conference.
    Nope. Shitty teams make the playoffs in the east, but they don't get to the finals.

The Heat are bad overall matchup for the Clippers and Thunder because they won't contain Miami's overall offensive game. Containing Blake Griffin with Bosh, James, and Andersen would work pretty well. OKC might have a deeper team too, but they just aren't a good matchup against the Heat come playoff time. I don't think their bench contains can give them consistent offense.

Infact, the best matchup from the West outside the Spurs, is a healthy Golden State Warriors team. With Bogut in the middle, Iggy, Barnes, and Green defending James, and great 3 point shooters in Curry and Thompson... I think their uptempo game and defense would be too much.

The Clippers would've shat on the Miami team that showed up to the Finals, dude. Same with OKC with a healthy Ibaka. If this was 2012 or 2013, it's Miami no question. But the Heat sucked hard ass these finals, they looked exhausted, worn out, and defeated.
    Clippers and mavs would have been the easiest matchups for the heat from the west.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Nope. Shitty teams make the playoffs in the east, but they don't get to the finals.
    I guess I should've said terrible by their standards, which they clearly didn't play up to in the RS. They finished second in the worst EC ever to a team made up of mental midgets and outrageously inconsistent players (Looking at you, Roy). I think people were passing off their sometimes awful play as them simply 'coasting', when maybe they were just playing to their abilities.

And the '07 Cavs were pretty shitty. And the East has fielded some less than stellar squads in the finals the last 15 years or so.