Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Both Bosh & LeBron say the 2014 Spurs are the best team they have ever played against

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Huh? A couple of plays here and there and Miami would've actually beaten the '11 Mavs with LeBron not even bothering to show up. There's no way they're better than '13 Spurs, much less the '14 Spurs.
    And the 2013 Heat did beat the 13 Spurs despite Lebron not showing up for the first 5.75 games and Wade/Bosh looking much worse as well.

The 2011 Mavs would have curb stomped both of those injury riddled teams.

LOL at the 11 Mavs nearly losing in 6 to a team with Parker/Manu/Green choking their asses off.

Not happening sir.

The 13 Spurs and 13 Heat are two of the most over-rated teams ever on here. The 13 Spurs lucked out with the WB injury and a nice matchup against the Grizzlies and the Heat once again lucked out playing in a crap conference and not having to beat a 50 win team en route to the finals.

Default Re: Both Bosh & LeBron say the 2014 Spurs are the best team they have ever played against

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    The '11 Heat were the best version of the 4 that went to the finals, Lebron just shit himself like no other superstar has or since. If he plays anywhere like he did the previous rounds (or '09-10/'12-14), Miami beats Dallas pretty comfortably.

This version of SA is without question the best team they've faced.
    I agree about the 11 Heat, but don't agree "without question" about this Spurs team.

I think you and other over-rate this current Heat team. They just weren't very good. Played in a shit conference against bums all year...impossible to really tell their strength. Turned out that they weren't very good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Nah....far better?

They got taken to 7 by the Mavs. Should have gone to 7 against a Thunder team missing Ibaka for two games and with Durant playing nowhere near Dirk 2011 level.

I have no idea which team is better, but far better? Nah...Mavs would have had the clear cut best player and a team of solid vets to match the Spurs.
    I see your point, but I feel like the Spurs team that played in the finals were on a different level than the Mavs series, I'm not trying to take anything away from the 2011 Mavs, but that level of ball movement and teamwork in the finals is some of the best I have seen.

The '11 Heat were the best version of the 4 that went to the finals, Lebron just shit himself like no other superstar has or since. If he plays anywhere like he did the previous rounds (or '09-10/'12-14), Miami beats Dallas pretty comfortably.

This version of SA is without question the best team they've faced.
    I don't get this argument. Why does people act like Lebron wasn't part of the team in 2011? Heat lost that year. How could that team be the best version of Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    I see your point, but I feel like the Spurs team that played in the finals were on a different level than the Mavs series, I'm not trying to take anything away from the 2011 Mavs, but that level of ball movement and teamwork in the finals is some of the best I have seen.
    You can't give all the credit to the Spurs though. The Heat sucked. Their defense was atrocious.

I really think this is a case of over-rating a 54 win Heat team playing in a joke conference.

I really don't think they were very good. They obviously didn't have another gear that we all assumed they did. Wade looked pathetic the last 3 games and Chalmers fell apart.

This was easily the worst Heat team of the big 3 era...even worse than the injury riddled and slumping 13 Heat.

I agree about the 11 Heat, but don't agree "without question" about this Spurs team.

I think you and other over-rate this current Heat team. They just weren't very good. Played in a shit conference against bums all year...impossible to really tell their strength. Turned out that they weren't very good.
    This Spurs team played in a deeper conference than the one in 2011. Were also as driven as any team (maybe in history) to get back to the finals and right the wrong that was 2013.

Not saying they would have an "easy" time beating the '11 Mavs, I just wouldn't bet against them.

How do you think the '11 Heat fair against this years Spurs (assuming Bron plays up to standards)?

We disagree hugely on better Heat team. I think the 13 Heat were nowhere near as good as the 11 Heat. And Lebron was playing maybe like 5% better in 13 in the finals through the first 5.75 games than he did in 11.

Wade and Bosh were way worse...and so was chalmers actually.
    Come on man.

2011 LeBron was a borderline no show in the finals. 2013 just didn't shoot very well in half the series. That's not a "5% difference"

2011 LeBron averaged 17.8/7/7 ppg on 48%

2013 LeBron averaged 25.3/11/7 on 45%

Banned

You can't give all the credit to the Spurs though. The Heat sucked. Their defense was atrocious.

I really think this is a case of over-rating a 54 win Heat team playing in a joke conference.

I really don't think they were very good. They obviously didn't have another gear that we all assumed they did. Wade looked pathetic the last 3 games and Chalmers fell apart.

This was easily the worst Heat team of the big 3 era...even worse than the injury riddled and slumping 13 Heat.
    Actually, from a Heat standpoint, I agree with you, this Heat team was overrated, the whole teams defense sucked, not to mention LeBron would disappear for quarters at a time.

This Spurs team played in a deeper conference than the one in 2011. Were also as driven as any team (maybe in history) to get back to the finals and right the wrong that was 2013.

Not saying they would have an "easy" time beating the '11 Mavs, I just wouldn't bet against them.

How do you think the '11 Heat fair against this years Spurs (assuming Bron plays up to standards)?
    The current Spurs might be better...I don't know.

It's hard for me because I think the Heat were pretty shitty actually. I don't think the Spurs played a team as close to as good as the 11 Mavs in the playoffs this year. And they still should have had to survive two game 7's...

I think the finals inflates the greatness of the Spurs. I just saw a crappy Heat team out there with only 1 real player and everyone getting shit on defensively.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

And the 2013 Heat did beat the 13 Spurs despite Lebron not showing up for the first 5.75 games and
    Huh? LeBron's Game 1 & 4 of the '13 Finals itself >>>> his entire '11 series. This myth that he didn't show up until 4th qtr of Game 6 needs to end. The numbers simply do not support it. He was also much better defensively in '13 than '11.

Wade/Bosh looking much worse as well.
    Wade actually had a pretty solid finals. The only difference between Bosh is touches. Miami became less reliant on him with LeBron and the supporting cast's improvement. The 2011 team outside the Big 3 on the other hand had role players that would suck even in the D league. Joel Anthony, Mike Bibby, Dampier, Big Z, James Jones....

Again, based on what? Had 2-4 plays gone differently, Miami would've defeated the '11 Mavs with LeBron playing like dog sh!t. On the other hand, it took BOTH LeBron & Wade playing great basketball + superior role players showing up in 3 of their 4 wins for Miami to beat SA. There's no comparison, IMO. Watching both series' and badly wanting LeBron to win, the '13 Spurs scared me a million times more. The '11 Finals were a fluke. Miami had an excellent chance of winning that series even with LeBron not showing up. 3 of their 4 losses all went down to the final possession. The '13 Spurs on the other hand beat the crap out of them in their wins.

And the 2013 Heat did beat the 13 Spurs despite Lebron not showing up for the first 5.75 games and Wade/Bosh looking much worse as well.

LOL at the 11 Mavs nearly losing in 6 to a team with Parker/Manu/Green choking their asses off.

Not happening sir.

The 13 Spurs and 13 Heat are two of the most over-rated teams ever on here. The 13 Spurs lucked out with the WB injury and a nice matchup against the Grizzlies and the Heat once again lucked out playing in a crap conference and not having to beat a 50 win team en route to the finals.
    Ok, you're getting into absurd revisionist history now.

LeBron had 33/11/4 on 60% in game 4. "not showing up"

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Come on man.

2011 LeBron was a borderline no show in the finals. 2013 just didn't shoot very well in half the series. That's not a "5% difference"

2011 LeBron averaged 17.8/7/7 ppg on 48%

2013 LeBron averaged 25.3/11/7 on 45%
    I said through the first 5.75 games. Obviously overall including game 7 and the end of game 6...he was way better than just 5%.

My problem with that though is that I don't think the 11 Mavs allow the comeback in game 6. So there is no game 7 to speak of against the Mavs.

That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    I don't get this argument. Why does people act like Lebron wasn't part of the team in 2011? Heat lost that year. How could that team be the best version of Miami?
    I mean, whats not to get? Nobody is saying Lebron "wasn't part of the team".. It's just...he choked. IF dude plays like his NORMAL superstar self, that Miami team wins.

People forget, but every game in that series, the margin of error was small....which makes Lebron's performance in that series that much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Huh? LeBron's Game 1 & 4 of the '13 Finals itself >>>> his entire '11 series. This myth that he didn't show up until 4th qtr of Game 6 needs to end. The numbers simply do not support it. He was also much better defensively in '13 than '11.

Wade actually had a pretty solid finals. The only difference between Bosh is touches. Miami became less reliant on him with LeBron and the supporting cast's improvement. The 2011 team outside the Big 3 on the other hand had role players that would suck even in the D league. Joel Anthony, Mike Bibby, Dampier, Big Z, James Jones....

Again, based on what? Had 2-4 plays gone differently, Miami would've defeated the '11 Mavs with LeBron playing like dog sh!t. On the other hand, it took BOTH LeBron & Wade playing great basketball + superior role players showing up in 3 of their 4 wins for Miami to beat SA. There's no comparison, IMO. Watching both series' and badly wanting LeBron to win, the '13 Spurs scared me a million times more. The '11 Finals were a fluke. Miami had an excellent chance of winning that series even with LeBron not showing up. 3 of their 4 losses all went down to the final possession. The '13 Spurs on the other hand beat the crap out of them in their wins.

Nah man...the 11 Heat are criminally under-rated here. They played better defense than you are giving them credit for as well.

You could say the exact same thing in reverse about Wade/Bosh in 13...and Lebron was struggling through the first 6 or so games even with his game 4.

I said through the first 5.75 games. Obviously overall including game 7 and the end of game 6...he was way better than just 5%.

My problem with that though is that I don't think the 11 Mavs allow the comeback in game 6. So there is no game 7 to speak of against the Mavs.

That was my point.
    game 1: 18 pts, 18 rbs and 10 assists

game 4: 33 pts, 11 rbs, 4 assists