Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default A gasoline glut is in our future

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/17/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

Gas prices might rise here in the short term due to issues in Iraq, however over the next few years we can expect gas prices to drop, thank god.

why? simple, we are consuming less gas than we used to, and we are producing more than we used to.

Default Re: A gasoline glut is in our future

We need an alternative to gasoline. Hopefully one day we achieve one method that can change how we operate our vehicles.

One day we won't have gasoline and cars will all become useless and value nothing because you can't use them other than ornaments.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/17/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

Gas prices might rise here in the short term due to issues in Iraq, however over the next few years we can expect gas prices to drop, thank god.

why? simple, we are consuming less gas than we used to, and we are producing more than we used to.

Good to hear that we're using less and that it will become cheaper, although I wonder if there isnt a direct link there which will cause our usage to go right back up.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    We need an alternative to gasoline. Hopefully one day we achieve one method that can change how we operate our vehicles.

One day we won't have gasoline and cars will all become useless and value nothing because you can't use them other than ornaments.

_;'ad nucfza

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Good to hear that we're using less and that it will become cheaper, although I wonder if there isnt a direct link there which will cause our usage to go right back up.
    One of the main reasons we are consuming less gasoline now is because our cars are becoming more and more gas efficient. Lots of hybrids out there now.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    One of the main reasons we are consuming less gasoline now is because our cars are becoming more and more gas efficient. Lots of hybrids out there now.

USA needs more diesel powered cars.

I'll be due for a new car in 3-4 yrs. I'm leaning toward getting a Tesla.

NBA Superstar

give it another 10-20~ years as tech improves, and current hybrids are all over the secondary market, then see how much energy costs have been reduced.

Prius's are everywhere, and should have tons of secondary parts available too(like accord, camry) in the future. I can't blame them with how little fuel comes off the gauge vs a standard gas v6 but the look of the car is terrible imo. I see much less of all other hybrids where i'd assume Prius's dominate the market and i figure they will become very popular at low price, high mileage costs with poorer, frugal people where as now its mostly rich, frugal buying...and they'll be upgrading to next gen hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I'll be due for a new car in 3-4 yrs. I'm leaning toward getting a Tesla.
    I will be due for a new car myself in that time.

I want an SUV now that I have wife/kid, safety > fuel efficiency IMO.

Teslas are awesome though, I have ridden in one. Very unique cars.

the amount of electric cars on the roads is doubling every year right now. in 5-10 years they will be everywhere.

http://transportevolved.com/2014/04/...say-academics/

In early 2012, there were almost 100,000 plug-in cars on the world’s roads. A year later the report says, there were 200,000 vehicles. To date, there are now an estimated 405,000 electric cars globally, with the magic 400,000 barrier crossed some time late in 2013 or early 2014.
    If this trend continues, the report says, we’ll see more than 1 million electric plug-in cars on the roads by 2016.
    By contrast, there are believed to be around six million hybrid electric (non plug-in) cars in the world.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-17-2014 at 02:07 PM.

drill baby drill!!!

-said no one ever with a brain.

the sooner we get off the old money crutches the quicker we advance as a society.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

There have been a lot of refinery shutdowns in the past 10 years or so. So whenever there's a fire at one, huge sections of the country feel it with price increases. I work in the fuel information industry and I just don't see hybrids taking over any time soon. People just love their gas powered cars too much.

I wouldn't mind a gasoline glut. It would be nice to pay less than $3/gallon. Europeans pay about $7.50-$10.00/gallon....so I think we still have it good now.

My mountain house has a lot of sun exposure. My ideal retirement involves moving up there permanently and installing solar panels that power everything, including my car.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    My mountain house has a lot of sun exposure. My ideal retirement involves moving up there permanently and installing solar panels that power everything, including my car.
    That'll be a good place to hole up in when the zombie apocalypse arrives.