Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default An intelligent discussion about consciousness ....

Like the title implies. So dumb posters, please do us all a favor and just glance over this thread. Don't reply with your one liners and some lame gif you hijacked from somebody else's hard work. We know there are a bunch of you out there, so just suck it up and move along. If you have a thought and feel the need to reply, just tell yourself, "I am dumb. This thread is way above my intellectual capacity. I must move on."

With that said, what are your thoughts on consciousness? What do you know about it and what do you think about the levels of consciousness. It is still one of the great mysteries out there.

Default Re: An intelligent discussion about consciousness ....

STFU Rambo

I also did not read because it is actually shit anyway..

*taking my leave*

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    STFU Rambo

I also did not read because it is actually shit anyway..

*taking my leave*
    Please delete. Some of us are bored of the bullsh*t and would like to learn a thing or two.

NBA Legend

Banned

You have to condition your mind to always live in the moment. Once your centered and untied to all desires, you can come to reach enlightenment.

It's akin to the sports term of being in the zone. A hyperfocus without need for expectation. Simply living in the now and accepting it's present reality.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    gay ngga
    How ironic for you to say that..

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    You have to condition your mind to always live in the moment. Once your centered and untied to all desires, you can come to reach enlightenment.

It's akin to the sports term of being in the zone. A hyperfocus without need for expectation. Simply living in the now and accepting it's present reality.
    Exactly. Meditation is so key. Or yoga, but I prefer meditation because I can do it anywhere. Center yourself. Reset your brain. Transcend and reach a higher state of consciousness and your absolutely in the moment and can move forward with your life without your thoughts distracting you causing you to live in the future or the past which is depressive/anxiety inducing. You get tunnel vision on what you need to do are at a peace. Living outside of your mind in the world, versus inside of it.

No drugs/crutches in life.

I view the levels of consciousnesses as a very spiritual thing and for individuals who are aware of the significant relationship between body and mind.

I used to talk to friends and family all the time, some who are depressed, on drugs, on anti-depressants, etc all the time about meditation/higher consciousness/centering yourself and its in one ear and out the other. I don't bother anymore.

To everyone who thinks we sound like crazy hippies. Successful people are all in touch with this stuff to personally develop. It's fundamental in mastering yourself and finding happiness from a natural place i.e. the body/mind. People not in touch tend to self medicate in their adulthood.

Good thread OP. What's your thoughts?
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-18-2014 at 02:01 AM.

In the end all that matters is that Kobe > Lebron

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN

I was told yesterday that sometimes when a team lose is because they simply had a flawed game plan, that left the team no chance of winning the series.

I would falsely describe consciousness as the ability to recognize your environment while absolutely forgetting your self-need/want/desire. While also have the ability to place the importance of oneself into the picture/environment once you had recognize the current situation/scenario.

If you try and switch the cause and effect of the scenario I falsely described, you realize it's an attempt to create a world in which we never cease to exist.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Consciousness is the result of the energy output of the neurons in your brain, brought about by slowly from non living matter over eons of time. It's the illusion of self determination and free will that we all live under.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Exactly. Meditation is so key. Or yoga, but I prefer meditation because I can do it anywhere. Center yourself. Reset your brain. Transcend and reach a higher state of consciousness and your absolutely in the moment and can move forward with your life without your thoughts distracting you causing you to live in the future or the past which is depressive/anxiety inducing. You get tunnel vision on what you need to do are at a peace. Living outside of your mind in the world, versus inside of it.

No drugs/crutches in life.

I view the levels of consciousnesses as a very spiritual thing and for individuals who are aware of the significant relationship between body and mind.

I used to talk to friends and family all the time, some who are depressed, on drugs, on anti-depressants, etc all the time about meditation/higher consciousness/centering yourself and its in one ear and out the other. I don't bother anymore.

To everyone who thinks we sound like crazy hippies. Successful people are all in touch with this stuff to personally develop. It's fundamental in mastering yourself and finding happiness from a natural place i.e. the body/mind. People not in touch tend to self medicate in their adulthood.

Good thread OP. What's your thoughts?
    It's the age old saying, give 100% to what you do, and don't worry about expectations thingswill automatically happen. I do enjoy the coffee regularly though and occasionally a couple beers... but I am 100% about enjoying those and allow them to work their wonders.

I think for most people though the life you speak of is just too much work. It takes an incredible amount of discipline and desire to be that engaged in something that is exhausting - focus. One must build their stamina up over time.

This thread is way above my intellectual capacity.

NBA Superstar

Life goal = reach the next level of human consciousness.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Life goal = reach the next level of human consciousness.

But also beware that it isn't just who you/how many people/event you are conscious about. But also how conscious the world is to those people/event.

that's the balance of quality/quantity.

Banned

Check out the Origins of Consciousness in the breakdown of the bicameral mind by Julian jaynes.

It was a landmark work about 60 years ago, still would be landmark thinking today.

I think if you can perceive the basis of consciousness you'll understand why modern society is so horrible.