Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Weird coincidences that have happened throughout your life

- The exact day I reunited with my Dad (5 years I hadn't seen him), his unborn son (my half brother) died, his GF had a miscarriage.

- I met this guy not to long ago who I became cool with lets call him Jose, he was one of those guys who would just talk to anyone. Anyways one day as we are talking and some random guy passes by and of course Jose strikes a convo the guy and the random guy introduces himself as Cruz, then a few moments later another guy passes by and introduces himself as Leo. Both those names are also the names of my 2 brothers. I had a moment. About 2 days later I randomly bump into Jose at a nightclub and he bought me a beer.

- I met this girl at a mutual friends house few years back, we had a nice convo and both departed. A month later I bump into her at a party and me and my friends ended up drinking with her and her friends. A few months go by and I randomly bump into her in the streets with some guy I was buying weed from, the VERY next week I bump into her again with another dude I was buying weed from and a few more people. A few months ago I'm outside a store and bump into someone I know and we start talking for a few seconds, I look to my left and there she is in a truck just looking at me. Pretty Fuc.king weird how I always bump into this girl.

Default Re: Weird coincidences that have happened throughout your life

When I was in second grade I had a friend named Joe who had the worst mom of all time, in helicopter mom terms. She was so overprotective that she once tried to sue the junior baseball league in our area because Joe had struck out one time and didn't get to run the bases.

During lunchtime at my elementary school, you got your lunch sooner if your last name was higher up in the alphabet. His last name was Adams and he always got lunch first, however when we entered 3rd grade they changed the system so you got lunch dependent on your first name. Since his name was "Joe" he was somewhere in the middle.

Joe didn't give a shit. He was a very laid back kid for a 3rd grader, he wasn't really hyper like the other kids and he wasn't a crybaby either. Now that I think about it, he was quite mature, in fact he was happy that he wasn't first anymore so now he wasn't always done with his lunch first.

The first few weeks of 3rd grade were fun, then somehow I guess Joe let it slip that he was no longer first in the lunch line anymore to his mom. His mom flipped the **** out and LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME TO "ADAM". His name was now legally Adam Adams. Why? All so he could be first in the lunch line.

The only time I ever saw Joe/Adam cry was because of this, he came to school crying the day when he got his name changed 3rd graders being 3rd graders... everyone made fun of him for his new, ridiculous name which ended up making him cry even more.

I was a very shy 3rd grader, but I felt absolutely terrible for Joe, my 3rd grade brain decided I had to do something about it. He was at the front of the lunch line for a few weeks and then his mom came to pick him up from school for a doctors appointment or something, I don't even remember. But I remember that I walked up to his mom and said in my high squeaky 3rd grade voice, "Why did you change Joe's name? He doesn't like being called 'Adam'"

Unsurprisingly, this sent Joe's mom in a rage. The teacher was out of class making copies or something so she wasn't there to defend me. Joe's mom started screaming at me telling me that Joe was very happy with his new name and that I know nothing about her son. This set off some little bomb in me and I remember screaming at her back telling her that she was a terrible mommy and she should be sad that she makes Joe so upset.

The class was dead silent other than me and her yelling at each other, a few kids started crying and to be honest I was a ***** in 3rd grade (still am) and I started crying while I was yelling at her too.

The teacher must have heard, she came running into the classroom worrying what was going on. She asked Mrs. Adams what she was doing in the classroom and ordered her to come out in the hall to sort things out, Mrs. Adams then started screaming at her and me saying that I was a little shit who thinks I know more than she does. My teacher ordered me into the hall too so everyone could talk things over.

Meanwhile Joe's sitting in his seat reading while everyone else was scared and worried about what was happening, this has nothing to do with the story, I just included it because I still think it's pretty badass that he didn't give a damn.

Anyways, we go out in the hall with my teacher obviously furious, me more scared than I'd ever been in my life, and Mrs. Adams who can't shut her mouth.

My teacher tries to calm Mrs. Adams and tries to convince her to tell her side of the story. She does. Then she tells me to tell my side of the story (Which I can't do because Mrs. Adams interrupts me every few words). While my teacher is standing there thinking about what to do Mrs. Adams just breaks down and starts crying her eyes out.

I was shocked, as was my teacher at this, when asked what's wrong Mrs. Adams tell us (more specifically my teacher, I just happened to be there) about how she was abused and neglected as a child and she just wanted to make Joe feel important and loved. After about 10 minutes of her crying and ranting about this subject I started to feel pretty bad. I'd cooled down by now and I felt so guilty and bad because I'd never stood up to an authority figure before.

I'm standing awkwardly listening while Mrs. Adams tells my teacher her whole life story. When she's done, she looks over at me and says, "I'm sorry I got mad at you, I don't know if you were listening to what I told your teacher, but I'm so sorry for yelling at you, I just want Joe to be happy."

Surprised at her sudden change of heart, I decided to apologize too for getting mad at her. She told me something like, "You have the right to be mad at me, and if what you say is true so does Joe, I just need you to be nice to Joe please."

3rd grade me doesn't really care about her feelings so I say, "Ok" and try to walk back to class, before I can open the door she says, "Wait, I need one more thing?" Kind of annoyed, I ask, "What do you need?" "I need about tree fiddy". It was around this time I realized Mrs. Adams was 7 stories tall and a crustacean from the paleolithic era. That damned Loch Ness Monster had gotten me again! "Damnit, Monstah, I ain't given you no tree fiddy" I yelled as she swam away. Joe moved after that and I never saw Mrs. Adams or Joe again. But I have the feeling that she's still an overprotective bitch and will always be one.

Sex

Still to this day I try to convince myself that I read it on a sports ticker as I was slipping into my sleeping state but something inside me tells me otherwise.

Anyhow... This is pretty messed up and I can't really remember all the fine details soooo

I essentially had a dream about Steve Mcnair dying the night before he died.

I woke up feeling weird about it but brushed it off as just a random stupid dream. Until I heard that he actually perished the same night.

Erie shit...

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Nanners
    ya that was predictably bad.

This is a cool story thread.

I don't believe in coincidences.

-Smak

I'm married, have a daughter and have a wife all because I moved to Wisconsin for a girl I met over the internet who cheated on me with a guy who was in the Navy. She married him, and even though I almost had to move back to Cincinnati because of hard times, I had one friend that let me crash on his couch for 3 weeks to let me get back on my feet...

If it wasn't for the heartbreak
    If it wasn't for the friend
    If it wasn't' for the internet

...I wouldn't have what I have now. #thankful

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    When I was in second grade I had a friend named Joe who had the worst mom of all time, in helicopter mom terms. She was so overprotective that she once tried to sue the junior baseball league in our area because Joe had struck out one time and didn't get to run the bases.

During lunchtime at my elementary school, you got your lunch sooner if your last name was higher up in the alphabet. His last name was Adams and he always got lunch first, however when we entered 3rd grade they changed the system so you got lunch dependent on your first name. Since his name was "Joe" he was somewhere in the middle.

Joe didn't give a shit. He was a very laid back kid for a 3rd grader, he wasn't really hyper like the other kids and he wasn't a crybaby either. Now that I think about it, he was quite mature, in fact he was happy that he wasn't first anymore so now he wasn't always done with his lunch first.

The first few weeks of 3rd grade were fun, then somehow I guess Joe let it slip that he was no longer first in the lunch line anymore to his mom. His mom flipped the **** out and LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME TO "ADAM". His name was now legally Adam Adams. Why? All so he could be first in the lunch line.

The only time I ever saw Joe/Adam cry was because of this, he came to school crying the day when he got his name changed 3rd graders being 3rd graders... everyone made fun of him for his new, ridiculous name which ended up making him cry even more.

I was a very shy 3rd grader, but I felt absolutely terrible for Joe, my 3rd grade brain decided I had to do something about it. He was at the front of the lunch line for a few weeks and then his mom came to pick him up from school for a doctors appointment or something, I don't even remember. But I remember that I walked up to his mom and said in my high squeaky 3rd grade voice, "Why did you change Joe's name? He doesn't like being called 'Adam'"

Unsurprisingly, this sent Joe's mom in a rage. The teacher was out of class making copies or something so she wasn't there to defend me. Joe's mom started screaming at me telling me that Joe was very happy with his new name and that I know nothing about her son. This set off some little bomb in me and I remember screaming at her back telling her that she was a terrible mommy and she should be sad that she makes Joe so upset.

The class was dead silent other than me and her yelling at each other, a few kids started crying and to be honest I was a ***** in 3rd grade (still am) and I started crying while I was yelling at her too.

The teacher must have heard, she came running into the classroom worrying what was going on. She asked Mrs. Adams what she was doing in the classroom and ordered her to come out in the hall to sort things out, Mrs. Adams then started screaming at her and me saying that I was a little shit who thinks I know more than she does. My teacher ordered me into the hall too so everyone could talk things over.

Meanwhile Joe's sitting in his seat reading while everyone else was scared and worried about what was happening, this has nothing to do with the story, I just included it because I still think it's pretty badass that he didn't give a damn.

Anyways, we go out in the hall with my teacher obviously furious, me more scared than I'd ever been in my life, and Mrs. Adams who can't shut her mouth.

My teacher tries to calm Mrs. Adams and tries to convince her to tell her side of the story. She does. Then she tells me to tell my side of the story (Which I can't do because Mrs. Adams interrupts me every few words). While my teacher is standing there thinking about what to do Mrs. Adams just breaks down and starts crying her eyes out.

I was shocked, as was my teacher at this, when asked what's wrong Mrs. Adams tell us (more specifically my teacher, I just happened to be there) about how she was abused and neglected as a child and she just wanted to make Joe feel important and loved. After about 10 minutes of her crying and ranting about this subject I started to feel pretty bad. I'd cooled down by now and I felt so guilty and bad because I'd never stood up to an authority figure before.

I'm standing awkwardly listening while Mrs. Adams tells my teacher her whole life story. When she's done, she looks over at me and says, "I'm sorry I got mad at you, I don't know if you were listening to what I told your teacher, but I'm so sorry for yelling at you, I just want Joe to be happy."

Surprised at her sudden change of heart, I decided to apologize too for getting mad at her. She told me something like, "You have the right to be mad at me, and if what you say is true so does Joe, I just need you to be nice to Joe please."

3rd grade me doesn't really care about her feelings so I say, "Ok" and try to walk back to class, before I can open the door she says, "Wait, I need one more thing?" Kind of annoyed, I ask, "What do you need?" "I need about tree fiddy". It was around this time I realized Mrs. Adams was 7 stories tall and a crustacean from the paleolithic era. That damned Loch Ness Monster had gotten me again! "Damnit, Monstah, I ain't given you no tree fiddy" I yelled as she swam away. Joe moved after that and I never saw Mrs. Adams or Joe again. But I have the feeling that she's still an overprotective bitch and will always be one.

Don't wanna quote the whole post but that was throw back gold nanners

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Don't wanna quote the whole post but that was throw back gold nanners
    Indeed. I couldn't stop reading it.

NBA Legend

i once posted george carlins picture in the 'overrated/underrated' thread and said he was overrated (was new here and wanted to troll his fans)

later that day he died doe.

so it was weird.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    i once posted george carlins picture in the 'overrated/underrated' thread and said he was overrated (was new here and wanted to troll his fans)

later that day he died doe.

so it was weird.
    I was watching a Howard Stern clip on youtube of him interviewing Roger Ebert, about an hour later I find out Ebert was dead. Odd.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

My gf and I were talking to a friend of mine at a party recently. I was dressed as Hulk Hogan and my friend was dressed as Macho Man. We were talking about our upcoming move to Arizona and he was saying that he wants to come to our wedding assuming we get married in the future. We informed him that we are probably only inviting family for the most part plus a couple of friends we have known so long that they are practically family. He half jokingly said that he could be the one to marry us, and when we found out that he actually has his license to marry people, my gf and I loved the idea of having a mutual friend marry us. About a week later, I was talking to my brother who is getting married early August. We were talking about who is going to marry my brother and his fianc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    - I met this girl at a mutual friends house few years back, we had a nice convo and both departed. A month later I bump into her at a party and me and my friends ended up drinking with her and her friends. A few months go by and I randomly bump into her in the streets with some guy I was buying weed from, the VERY next week I bump into her again with another dude I was buying weed from and a few more people. A few months ago I'm outside a store and bump into someone I know and we start talking for a few seconds, I look to my left and there she is in a truck just looking at me. Pretty Fuc.king weird how I always bump into this girl.
    this isnt a coincidence. loser! the common thread here is people selling you weed and living the life you want... meanwhile you go home to jack off and tell the internet about the 3 times in the past year you were too scared to talk to girls you liked. IT WAS SO FU[COLOR="Black"]C[/COLOR]KING RANDOM BRO.

all of my girlfriends were born on the same day of the month, well sort of. 1 of them is sep 26 the other sep 28. the other 2 are February 26. these are the only girls ive dated

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Still to this day I try to convince myself that I read it on a sports ticker as I was slipping into my sleeping state but something inside me tells me otherwise.

Anyhow... This is pretty messed up and I can't really remember all the fine details soooo

I essentially had a dream about Steve Mcnair dying the night before he died.

I woke up feeling weird about it but brushed it off as just a random stupid dream. Until I heard that he actually perished the same night.

Erie shit...
    I had a similar situation once but it wasn't a celebrity but someone I actually knew. Not well, but I knew him decently. Dude died just a few days after I dreamed it