Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Marcus Smart or Joel Embiid? (for Orlando)

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    How legitimate are the rumors of Cleveland trading the #1 to Utah for the #5 and Favors or Kanter? Because if that doesn't happen, Embiid could reasonably fall to the Celtics or Lakers. Holy shit what a turn of events in the past couple days. We went from Cleveland all but locking up Embiid...to everyone's mocks being screwed and Embiid potentially dropping to the 7th?
    I've heard from a reliable source that the Cavs are far more likely to trade Kyrie Irving than they are to trade the No. 1 pick... And, Irving being traded is also highly unlikely. It was just a way of saying these rumors are pure bunk.

This Utah rumor in particular makes zero sense. I could almost see if they still wanted to roll the dice on Embiid doing a deal with Philly at No. 3, but moving down to 5? In this draft? F#ck that.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-20-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah, I really doubt we take a chance with Embiid. Especially after Bogut, it just can't happen. There'd be riots in Madison and Milwaukee if we took Embiid and he busted hard from injuries.
    that's a risk I think the bucks are willing to take. 12 people isn't enough to cause any significant damage

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    that's a risk I think the bucks are willing to take. 12 people isn't enough to cause any significant damage