Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Report: LAL/PHI discussing Nash and 7 for MCW and Thaddeus Young

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Bull shit. I just saw Thaddeus Young's contract. I'd assume you'd use the #7 to get rid of Nash without taking back a contract
    Holy shit this. Just looked it up:

2015: $9.41M
    2016: $9.97M

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    What is "it"? Do you think that lineup is doing more than scrape for the 8th seed?

Line up? What line up? Do you have a crystal ball that shows the lakers rotation for next year?

"It" would be pulling off a trade in which we get a top tier young talent for something we didn't even want to begin with (a non top 5 pick)
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 06-20-2014 at 08:19 PM.

philly should do this, i don't believe in the mcw hype. Get Exum at #3 and Randle at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

Yeah but we get rid of Nash's contract in the process.. Which if I recall correctly is over 10 mill a year

well worth the money imo. thad has potential to be a borderline superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Yeah but we get rid of Nash's contract in the process.. Which if I recall correctly is over 10 mill a year
    Nash has one year left, $9.70M in 14-15. We're taking on a contract for an extra year.

Da Mavs

I just don't see it..and I don't get why Philly has to take on Nash's contract?

Certainly though, Thad Young would be a fine young player for LA to take in. MCW would be a cornerstone going forward as well.

Philly will try really hard before any of this to move up for Wiggins.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Hellll yes.

We bout to do it again

Would love if it was just MCW tho, what Young contract look like??

Edit: didnt see we were giving up Nash.. Young id assume doesn't make as much.

Would be a great pick up to not only win now but be set for the future.
    Really? I think this trade would be awful. MCW is not a championship PG, I would rather go after Patty Mills in free agency. Thad Young has two years left on his deal and he can opt out after next year. The 7th pick gives us the opportunity to develop a great young player we are guaranteed either Randle, Embiid, Smart, Exum, or Vonleh. I would rather have a future that includes one of those players.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    well worth the money imo. thad has potential to be a borderline superstar.
    Is he legit? I don't watch much of the Sixers really. What's his game?

Very good NBA starter

Exactly. It really makes no sense, even if they're going for let's say Melo/Lebron. Way too many guys who need the ball in their hands to work. I have my doubts even MCW and Kobe will work.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Do it.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Really? I think this trade would be awful. MCW is not a championship PG, I would rather go after Patty Mills in free agency. Thad Young has two years left on his deal and he can opt out after next year. The 7th pick gives us the opportunity to develop a great young player we are guaranteed either Randle, Embiid, Smart, Exum, or Vonleh. I would rather have a future that includes one of those players.
    Patty Mills is a ****ing back up point guard and he isn't leaving SA for LA

Were just trolling the lakers for f'ing us over with that bynum deal you guys wont ever get another trade from us

Very good NBA starter

Is he legit? I don't watch much of the Sixers really. What's his game?
    He has no chance to be a superstar. He's already been in the league 6 years. What you see is what you'll get. He gives you 17, 6, 2,2 without needing the ball in his hands. Very solid player, but not worth screwing up two years worth of cap space plans for.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012

I haven't seen a whole bunch of MCW..

But damn does he look good on paper.

6"6 point guard who just put up 17/6/6/2 as a rookie and is only 22

Plus he's still on a rookie contract..