Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Breaking: Dario Saric signs w/ Euro team, can't come to NBA for 2 years

gonna be just another big eurobust

Default Re: Breaking: Dario Saric signs w/ Euro team, can't come to NBA for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The NBA bias and racism never ends. If he was American they would be drolling all over him like nothing ever imagined.

Instead it's "he's too slow", "he's too weak", "he's too soft", "he's not athletic enough", "he's not strong enough", blah blah blah.

If he was American, ESPN would be cumming all over themselves every time they heard his name.
    Well, America has kind of a similar player right now in Kyle Anderson (who in my opinion, is one of the best players from the entire draft). Like Daric they underrate him for all the reasons you just listed, even though "elite basketball skills" should be a huge part of what we call "potential".

Although from what I've seen, while Saric is a fantastic passer, Kyle Anderson actually still plays point guard: Phoenix even worked him out at PG and apparently he killed it. So it's a bit of a Magic-Bird situation (everything, of course, being kept in proportion, I'm not saying they're as good as those two, otherwise you guys would know), where you have two tall, multitalented players with great passing skills, but one prefers to play point guard whereas the other is more of a forward.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    I'm not sure. To me regardless of where they're projected to be drafted the draft has a real "top 10" that could produce anything from 4 to 8 all-stars. Players from the consensus "top 3" may or may not be part of that group, although they certainly have high ceilings.
    Just out of curiosity, who are your 4-8 potential all stars?

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Well, America has kind of a similar player right now in Kyle Anderson (who in my opinion, is one of the best players from the entire draft). Like Daric they underrate him for all the reasons you just listed, even though "elite basketball skills" should be a huge part of what we call "potential".

Although from what I've seen, while Saric is a fantastic passer, Kyle Anderson actually still plays point guard: Phoenix even worked him out at PG and apparently he killed it. So it's a bit of a Magic-Bird situation (everything, of course, being kept in proportion, I'm not saying they're as good as those two, otherwise you guys would know), where you have two tall, multitalented players with great passing skills, but one prefers to play point guard whereas the other is more of a forward.
    What I mean more is just the lies US sports media tells. By comparison. Not so much choosing to underrate a guy like Anderson because they would rather covet athletes like Wiggins more, but just the lies.

I think it's just down to flat out racism. I mean Wiggins is Canadian and Thanasis is Greek and they see none of this stuff, but they are black and athletic so they fit all the racist stuff NBA sees.

I mean that Saric can't possibly be anything but slow, weak, a stiff, not strong enough, blah blah blah according to NBA, US sports media, NBA scouts, etc. because he's white, and ESPECIALLY European.

Over and over they keep saying, "he's weak".........

I watch this guy play and keep asking how the hell is he weak? For a guy that would be like an NCAA sophomore he sure as hell is NOT "weak".

But they keep saying, "he is weak", "too weak for the NBA". Well, then almost every single player in the draft is too weak for the NBA. But oddly enough, they don't say that about the other players, at least most of them anyway.

They certainly don't say it about athletic black players that MOST OF THEM are MUCH WEAKER than Saric.

It just is the same typical racist bullshit that year after year comes from the NBA and US sports media as it is directed to European players. It never ends.

It's always so and so player in Europe is,

"too weak for the NBA"

"too soft for the NBA"

"not athletic enough for the NBA"

"not quick enough for the NBA"

"not strong enough for the NBA"

"Not fast enough for the NBA"

blah blah blah

It's still the SAME RACIST BULLSHIT said in this forum every time someone says Spanoulis can't play in the NBA - "not athletic enough", "not quick enough", when they give that as the "reason why he did not play on the Rockets".

And other such examples. Pablo Prigioni (who literally is about 1/5 as athletic as Spanoulis) playing in the NBA of course proves that to be total bullshit, but nope, the racist crap talking points just endlessly continue.

And every single year at the time of the draft, we have to listen to this SAME racist bullshit.

"How will their game translate" etc. We have to read this bullshit from Givony and Chad Ford, listen to it at the draft from Fran Fraschilla, and it's always just complete racist bullshit.

Because a guy is WHITE, and especially they multiply it more if he's from Europe, he must be "too weak" or whatever, to play in the NBA.

Last edited by Euroleague; 06-23-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Just out of curiosity, who are your 4-8 potential all stars?
    Everyday, I'm getting more and more concerned about the Sixers choices. This Embiid thing has really screwed up our choices.We may have to go with Exum now at 3, and then trade MCW for another draft pick. I agree with the poster, there could be 4-8 potential all stars in the top 10. Emiid, Exum, Wiggins, Parker are only 4 of them. Vonleh is being discussed a lot right now too.

Saric signing with another team is more bad news. We always knew it was possible, but if the Sixers drafted him, it was always possible for him to come over already and get the assured playing time under Brett Brown, who's a Spurs disciple anyway.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by GOATbrook
    And then kid like Zach Lavine is projected TOP 10 PICK and all he can do is jump high.
    That the scouting in the US is 99% done with a measuring tape is just... odd.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I could see Phoenix taking him. Too many picks this draft, not enough playing spots. And our cap wont take a hit and we can throw at money at FA.