Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: LOL Dallas Mavs have done NOTHING since Cuban broke up a potential DYNASTY

You're the worst poster on this board. Troll level posting but you believe the shit that comes outta your mouth.

Default Re: LOL Dallas Mavs have done NOTHING since Cuban broke up a potential DYNASTY

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    You're the worst poster on this board. Troll level posting but you believe the shit that comes outta your mouth.
    Conner B tier.

NBA Superstar

Man, I'm just happy to have seen them win one. We could easily be sitting here talking about how Dirk and Mavericks never found a way to get over the hump. Yet, they did, and in an incredible fashion. One of my favorite Finals series I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Hell yeah we are.

Brooklyn
    Charlotte
    Cleveland
    Denver
    Indiana
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Memphis
    Minnesota
    New Orleans
    Oklahoma City
    Phoenix
    Toronto
    Utah

That's an awfully long list, and one the Mavs are not part of.

It wouldn't have been a dynasty anyway...
    It really feels like Phoenix and Utah should have one by now. Back on subject the mavs in 2011 were amazing to watch. I'm glad Dirk and Kidd got theirs finally.

Dynasty?

There never was a potential dynasty as there was no chance of re-peating you dumb fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k

Stop it. I say this as a fan. That team would lose against the Spurs or Miami.

Thunder and Lakers would have been tight too.

Very good NBA starter

Mavs were never close to a dynasty, but none the less they should have kept Tyson at the least. He was as important to them, in that season, as Bruce Bowen was to the Spurs if you ask me. Defensive cog, serious competitor, and scored buckets here and there. Obviously a great rebounder and shot blocker. Chandler was important for the Mavs in the paint and chemistry between him and Dirk was superb.

Banned

it can be debated that cuban messed up by not keeping chandler, but the rest, their time was up.

Da Mavs

The OP title is so stupid. The Mavericks were built to win that year, which even that surprised the hell out of everyone. All the role-players/ key guys declined right after that season. It was a special run, but dynasty is just

Decent playground baller

Cuban played it like a business venture instead of a sports commodity. In business, another good deal will come along sooner or later. But in sports, a commodity is something special because it takes a while to develop chemistry and the Mavs broke up a team that had great chemistry.

Imagine if the LA Kings broke up the team after winning the title in 2012 and used the same logic the Mavs used that they somehow got hot and lighting wont strike twice. Same for the SF Giants another team that doesnt have much star power like the Yankees or Red Sox.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    The truth is the 2011 Mavs probably werent the best team in the west. Everyone, especially dirk played, above the level they played at in the regular season.

Even then the 2011 Heat should have won the finals.
    No, this is not true at all. That team was on fire until Butler and Dirk got hurt, and they were dominant against the elite teams, including crushing Miami both times in the regular season and holding Lebron to under 35% shooting in both games.

This all came with Deshawn in the lineup. However, after the all star break Rick went with the Roddy experiment which screwed up flow and the Mavs limped a bit heading into the postseason until they re-inserted Deshawn back into the lineup.

2010-2011 was the season where Dirk started having the insanely efficient games of 11-14-esque shooting consistently while providing good defense. This team was clearly the league's best when healthy and they absolutely dominated the postseason.

It's an inaccuracy, an insult, and a flat out lie when people claim that team was a flash in the pan success. You don't simply drop a total of 5 games all postseason just off a 'hot streak'. That team was beautifully constructed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Only an idiot thinks that team was a potential dynasty. It was very clearly an all-or-nothing season for that team, and there's no way they would have repeated.

And you are a jackass for thinking that winning a single championship is something to laugh at. How many teams get to do that? You can go suck every Mavs fan's balls.

The OP is trolling the mavs right?

He may have missed one with Chandler, who was incredibly important to that title team, but i get the impression that he saw an ageing team, and then saw what happened to that ageing Miami team after 2006 because they didn't decide to blow it up and revamp because they were defending champs - basically 3-4 wasted seasons and a 15-67 season as well.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    He may have missed one with Chandler, who was incredibly important to that title team, but i get the impression that he saw an ageing team, and then saw what happened to that ageing Miami team after 2006 because they didn't decide to blow it up and revamp because they were defending champs - basically 3-4 wasted seasons and a 15-67 season as well.
    I used to watch their games with my friends who claimed to be Heat fans. #nofilter