Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is the Lebron the most boring Superstar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Yeah, LeBron just looks clunky. He's a good slasher with GOAT finishing ability, but his finishes have no flair to them whatsoever. His passing is really the best looking thing about his game and even then sometimes he screws that up by passing first and then looking away trying to make it look like he threw a no-look pass. He has no moves. No mid-range game, no crossovers, no fade-aways, no catch and shoot off a screen, no jab steps, no fakes, no foot work, his jumper is inconsistent, no post up game, nothing at all. LeBron's game is basically iso, take a couple of dribbles, launch a 27-footer, or just bowl over dudes and get points.

When I think of aesthetically pleasing... I think of guys like MJ, Kobe, or prime T-Mac. Jordan for example...he swooped over and around people, slashed and used impeccable footwork.. he sliced up defenses, his first step was pretty amazing also, and his spins.. later in his career he relied on the turnaround fadeaway J which damn near always went in and was a thing of beauty. Bron just bulldozes his way to the basket/lane for layups or a dunk and runs into the other player and gets free throws. Not to mention he cherry picks his shots probably more than anyone in the NBA.
    It's all about buckets young fella

Banned

Yeah, LeBron just looks clunky. He's a good slasher with GOAT finishing ability, but his finishes have no flair to them whatsoever. His passing is really the best looking thing about his game and even then sometimes he screws that up by passing first and then looking away trying to make it look like he threw a no-look pass. He has no moves. No mid-range game, no crossovers, no fade-aways, no catch and shoot off a screen, no jab steps, no fakes, no foot work, his jumper is inconsistent, no post up game, nothing at all. LeBron's game is basically iso, take a couple of dribbles, launch a 27-footer, or just bowl over dudes and get points.

When I think of aesthetically pleasing... I think of guys like MJ, Kobe, or prime T-Mac. Jordan for example...he swooped over and around people, slashed and used impeccable footwork.. he sliced up defenses, his first step was pretty amazing also, and his spins.. later in his career he relied on the turnaround fadeaway J which damn near always went in and was a thing of beauty. Bron just bulldozes his way to the basket/lane for layups or a dunk and runs into the other player and gets free throws. Not to mention he cherry picks his shots probably more than anyone in the NBA.

Banned

That was complete nonsense.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Also I'm laughing at you saying he has no post moves. HE was the most effective player in the post this season. Granted there aren't any of the post GOAT players in today's game like Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    What about Shaq?

Lets face it.. whatever LeBron does you're going to criticize. If he develops a fadeaway you'll knock him for being less efficient.
    Shaq had his faults, but his persona on and off the court was anything but boring. Boring superstar doesn't have to be limited to just play style, it could be attitude too.

Shaq is polarizing as hell, Lebron not so much. But that's not necessarily a fault of Lebron. Hardly anyone has been on Shaq level in regards to that. Shaq was Shaq, Lebron threw ass powder in the air. Could you imagine Shaq throwing ass powder in the air? I can.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnqv7YDQr8

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Also I'm laughing at you saying he has no post moves. HE was the most effective player in the post this season. Granted there aren't any of the post GOAT players in today's game like Hakeem.
    LeBron could save dude from a burning building and his response would be "why wasn't there slowmo as we exited the explosion?"

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Shaq had his faults, but his persona on and off the court was anything but boring. Boring superstar doesn't have to be limited to just play style, it could be attitude too.

Shaq is polarizing as hell, Lebron not so much. But that's not necessarily a fault of Lebron. Hardly anyone has been on Shaq level in regards to that. Shaq was Shaq, Lebron threw ass powder in the air. Could you imagine Shaq throwing ass powder in the air? I can.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnqv7YDQr8

Banned

Ne 1 exposed himself as a mindless hater lol

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    Not when compared to Shaq he isn't.

i don't like bananas

he certainly is, but he is the leagues best player and shudnt care and surprisingly it seems he doesn't, i have to give him that