Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Wavves's 2014 NBA Drafts Winners and Losers

Philadelphia picks up KJ McDaniels in the second round too. They are my big winners this draft.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

I would have loved to have seen an Exum-Oladipo backcourt. GOAT named backcourt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    We have another pick that year. How is picking up Gordon and Payton a horrible draft? People are saying Exum>Gordon and I'm like "wtf". No one knows that.
    i think gordon will be a decent starter but we passed on players who could have been franchise players

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Ok then by your logic no player could ever be a reach. In fact, by your logic, there's no such THING as a reach. You could pick Mitch McGary number one overall and if he's at the top of your board, it was a good pick.
    If Mitch McGary is at the top of your board then you probably aren't employed by an NBA team.
    Last edited by russwest0; 06-26-2014 at 11:34 PM.

I 100% agree on Payton. But how much of Exum have you watched? Do you know anything about him other than he's really hyped by some and dissed by some and he's big with slightly above average athleticism? People keep saying "You guys should have picked Exum." Based on what? The Magic scouted him more than any other team in the draft. They saw Gordon over him. Most people haven't even watched one game that Exum has played.
    I'm one of the rare people who have watched him play.

I watched him turn the ball over 4 times in like 11 minutes against Marcus Smart in the U19s so I'm not even as high on him as others seem to be, but he just drools potential. I can see him becoming a star. A legit superstar.

I also like the fit with him and the Magic team, amd thought he and Oladipo could coexist and make it work.

Banned

I felt like we drafted well.

Definitely man.

I love Boston picking up James Young, I thought that was a great pick. Marcus Smart is a stud too. Defensively you'll be great.

Do you think Rondo will be traded?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Definitely man.

I love Boston picking up James Young, I thought that was a great pick. Marcus Smart is a stud too. Defensively you'll be great.

Do you think Rondo will be traded?
    I really don't see how we would keep Rondo after drafting Smart, Bradley has to stay, can't have Smart and Rondo as a back court because there isn't enough shooting ability.

It makes me sad but I know we have to part with him, probably for a young C and/or some picks.

Honsestly, I think the Magic did really well. They got 2 really good players IMO. They basically just gave the Sixers their first rounder back to make sure they got Payton.

Payton
    Oladipo
    Gordon
    Vucevic

That's 4 really good players together that could be really tough on defense. Still don't get trading Afflalo though.

So there were 3 winners and two losers? Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    Honsestly, I think the Magic did really well. They got 2 really good players IMO. They basically just gave the Sixers their first rounder back to make sure they got Payton.

Payton
    Oladipo
    Gordon
    Vucevic

That's 4 really good players together that could be really tough on defense. Still don't get trading Afflalo though.
    the reason for that afflalo trade is what i'm waiting on. i'm waiting for SOMETHING. some reason.

Payton
    Oladipo
    Gordon
    Vucevic

I honestly think their were no losers in the draft, there just had to be one for my pieces sake

Orlando is building a great young team, they are just considered 'losers' because I fell as of they could have done better.

Banned

the reason for that afflalo trade is what i'm waiting on. i'm waiting for SOMETHING. some reason.
    Being honest I think it was just a salary dump.

Banned

Payton
    Oladipo
    Gordon
    Vucevic

we still really need a star though, I think the guys we got are decent but we really should have taken a risk with the fourth on a star calibre player not a good defender who may or may not ever develop an offensive game that is more than dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    So there were 3 winners and two losers? Okay...
    Write your own piece then.

I didn't want to go through every single team that drafted, I chose just who I believed were the biggest winners/losers.