Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Default Re: WOJ: Suns to pursue Melo/LeBron partnership

Quote Originally Posted by blackification
    Why wouldn't they have a shot? Best medical staff in the league, Stacked with young talents and assets, personal relationship with his agent, most cap space in the league. 6th biggest city in the country with great weather and basketball history. Hornacek and McD at the helms of the franchise.

They present a very strong offer to any superstar looking to win for a very long time. However, this years group of free agents are in it for the money and the fame so the suns have to chalk it up as a long shot.

But make no mistake the suns have the assets and flexibility to put a team around Lebron that no other team can.

Agreed on all points, but the bolded nailed it.

Da Mavs

PHX's best shot at creating a contender is using their plethora of assets to trade for some big names...Kevin Love, etc. That's how the small market teams have to do it. Draft or trade. FA is too hard.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

does that mean blesdoe and dragic would be gone?

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    First of all, he's the only "reporter" who gets anything right. Secondly, if you took the time to actually read the story, he's doesn't say that they are going to sign there he just says that Phoenix "knows it's a long shot" but is going to present the offer to LeBron to team him with Carmelo or Bosh this year or Kevin Love or whoever he wants next year. They also have three first round picks in 2015 which they can use in trade to get back other players. But you knew all that because you read the story.

I didn't see a link to any article? But so far I've heard a lot of dumb rumors about where LeBron will go, and where Melo will go, and it's all just speculation. The new gm for the suns is doing a great job building this team and accumulating draft picks, they seem to be in great position financially to be able to add the right pieces. So why would they go after 2 ball stoppers who would both demand the max? It doesn't make sense. Besides, I don't see LeBron leaving Miami.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush
    does that mean blesdoe and dragic would be gone?
    No the suns would be able to run a line up of

Dragic/Ennis
    Bledsoe/Green/Goodwin
    Lebron/Warren
    Melo/Markieff
    Plumlee/Len

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    I didn't see a link to any article? But so far I've heard a lot of dumb rumors about where LeBron will go, and where Melo will go, and it's all just speculation. The new gm for the suns is doing a great job building this team and accumulating draft picks, they seem to be in great position financially to be able to add the right pieces. So why would they go after 2 ball stoppers who would both demand the max? It doesn't make sense. Besides, I don't see LeBron leaving Miami.
    He is going after Lebron and offering him any free agent partner he would like. Its speculated that he really wants to play with Melo and if thats who he wants thats who he gets. The suns are just throwing the gauntlet down and saying to him and any other disgruntled star (Kevin Love) we have an offer that can't be matched in terms of winning.

I fully expect them to miss out on Lebron/Melo and then go and trade for Love. They might be holding off on including Bledsoe in a Love deal because it would ruin a chance at Lebron but when Lebron is off the market all bets are off.

shhhhhhh

I can't believe you just tried to make an argument against having Lebron and Melo on a team...

The he's not leaving Miami part of the post is about as far as you should have gone...

There's 30 GMs and head coaches and even more owners in this league and I guarantee if you polled them there wouldn't be one that would make the same statement you just tried to pass off as being a reasonable thought

if you can get those two you go for it, if you have the cap space and you don't try you're not doing your job as a GM or owner

Suns should be pursuing Greg Monroe.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    He only gets some stuff right depending on how far the deals have come. I'm pretty sure Woj has a source inside the nba offices who tips him off whenever a deal is about to go down and the teams/agents have warned the NBA about it going down. That is why he could name the draft selections before Adam Silver did during the draft.
    Not sure if you read what I said. I said he gets "anything" right not "everything". Anything meaning, sometimes he get something right. Most guys never get anything right and just make stupid shit up that never happens. The dude mopped the floor with ESPN in the draft. Chad Ford is a moron. If you were following Woj on twitter I think that he got 15 of the 30 first round picks right and Ford got eight.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 06-29-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Green and the Morris twins would have to be moved, maybe one more smaller contract.

But then the a Suns would have enough cap space to sign two max contracts.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Well, the OP said "woj" so I googled it and found an article. That's the great thing about the internet. If someone quotes a story, you can google it and see if it exists.

Also, the OP only says " suns to pursue Melo/Lebron partnership". You came in here saying Woj was "so full of shit".

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/suns-to...163546302.html
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 06-29-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Not enough all stars for LeBron

That would be amazing.

It won't happen though.

Dragic
    Bledsoe
    LeBron
    Melo
    Len??

Damn... And Woj too?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Suns have 20 mill in cap space this summer, so they can easily extend a contract to ONE of them. In order to sign both to a big contract they would have to move some pieces, which would included green and maybe Bledsoe or Dragic. But there is one thing that makes me certain neither of this will happen........SARVER IS A CHEAP FVCK WHO WONT DISH OUT THE MO NY TO SIGN THEM.
    http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...y-over-the-cap

Sarver has been spending lately, he was just spending it on the wrong people. I think he has learned how it works