Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: WOJ: Suns to pursue Melo/LeBron partnership

Quote Originally Posted by gts

I can't believe you just tried to make an argument against having Lebron and Melo on a team...

The he's not leaving Miami part of the post is about as far as you should have gone...

There's 30 GMs and head coaches and even more owners in this league and I guarantee if you polled them there wouldn't be one that would make the same statement you just tried to pass off as being a reasonable thought

if you can get those two you go for it, if you have the cap space and you don't try you're not doing your job as a GM or owner

They are both small forwards. I'm not sold on Melo at power forward. Can they coexist? Can Melo guard the power forwards in the west? Would it be a smart move to give 2 guys at the same position the max, surely they'll both ask for it? Do GM's across the league really think LeBron is going to leave Miami?

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm not sure any of them can guard at PF. I remember LeBron having trouble with Blake Griffin and I think Melo would be even worse. I can not imagine any of them guarding Zack Randolph, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin or Anthony Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    PHX's best shot at creating a contender is using their plethora of assets to trade for some big names...Kevin Love, etc. That's how the small market teams have to do it. Draft or trade. FA is too hard.

How is Phoenix a "small market" team? They are the 6th biggest city in the country, with a population of over 4 million in the Phoenix metro area. I keep hearing people make this claim but they're one of the larger markets. It isn't New York or L.A. but its up there with Philly and Houston.

If you want to talk small market, to me that signifies Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Denver, Minneapolis...etc. Even San Antonio doesn't fit as well into the small market box as it once did considering the population explosion that they've undergone.
    Last edited by PejaNowitzki; 06-29-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    How is Phoenix a "small market" team? They are the 6th biggest city in the country, with a population of over 4 million in the Phoenix metro area. I keep hearing people make this claim but they're one of the larger markets. It isn't New York or L.A. but its up there with Philly and Houston.

If you want to talk small market, to me that signifies Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Denver, Minneapolis...etc. Even San Antonio doesn't fit as well into the small market box as it once did considering the population explosion that they've undergone.
    Forget population. I meant market in terms of how that franchise and its city are perceived in terms of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Forget population. I meant market in terms of how that franchise and its city are perceived in terms of basketball.

It's a mid market franchise, just like San Antonio and Miami.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

LeBron's too ball dominant, it's gonna take away some of the effectiveness of Dragic n Bledsoe. If the Suns are really into Bron, they should go for a bigger two guard, with a reliable jump shot. Melo on the other hand, is a pretty good fit. This team on paper is talented, but I find Bron n Bled not a good fit. The Suns need a go to scorer

I usually hit open layups

Wherever LeBron plays automatically becomes a big market

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLond
    Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLond
    Miami isn't a big market nor is Cleveland.

I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    This

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

lettuce be real Melo is going to the Bulls and LeBron is staying with Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    The Miami metro area has nearly 3x the population of Cleveland...

Miami is undeniably a big market.

difference between attractive market and big market. Miami is not a very big market but it is a very attractive destination to be at while Chicago is a big market but players are not exactly running to play there.