Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Banned

Default Re: New HBO Series "The Leftovers"

Latest episode was great. I hope HBO gifts them a third season like theyve done with other low rated shows.

Banned

The latest latest episode was solid as well.. Next week's final episode is going to be straight up explosive with the Gary/GR stuff going down.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I really liked this episode. It's definitely starting to feel like Lost in the format, where we get these one off episodes about a single character who's backgrounds get opened up.

I like the notion of the GR continuing to serve as a villain, especially now that they're talking, that was a nice gimmick in theory, but just wasn't practical. Angry Live Tyler is a nice foil to replace Patty.

How big you reckon the time jump was? If felt like Evie aged a lot from the time she met Live Tyler and gave her the baby carrot, to where we are now. She went from having braces to not. It feels like Liv has been working on Evie for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

I like the notion of the GR continuing to serve as a villain, especially now that they're talking, that was a nice gimmick in theory, but just wasn't practical. Angry Live Tyler is a nice foil to replace Patty.

"Stone him." Damn, so cold.

Banned

I really liked this episode. It's definitely starting to feel like Lost in the format, where we get these one off episodes about a single character who's backgrounds get opened up.

How big you reckon the time jump was? If felt like Evie aged a lot from the time she met Live Tyler and gave her the baby carrot, to where we are now. She went from having braces to not. It feels like Liv has been working on Evie for a while now.
    The time jump is at least a couple of years. When she went to see the psychic it had been two years since the event , then in season one where she joins GR is 3 years. So present time I'm guessing it's 4-5 years after the event. Evie was a teenager so the image change is understandable due to growth spurts and personality changes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    "Stone him." Damn, so cold.
    I would definitely be okay with Tommy getting stoned. There's a lot on this show that we want more of. emo garvy isn't one of em.

I'm guessing it's about the same time as the rest of the episodes? 4 years after the incident, we had the 3rd anniversary last season, and the upcoming one is the 4th? So yeah, two years, nothing out of ordinary unless I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I would definitely be okay with Tommy getting stoned. There's a lot on this show that we want more of. emo garvy isn't one of em.
    What I wanna know is a bit more about Wayne and the other psychic dude, was Wayne for real? What purpose did he serve other than impregnating misguided girls? It looks to me that the show just cherry picks mysterious material and shows it to us, as Thorp said it reminds me of Lost too so I don't like where it's going.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I haven't watched this one since season 1 ... wondering if it's good enough to try and get back into (I've mostly avoided this thread and spoilers elsewhere).

Banned

Thoughts?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I thought it was a great close to the season. I understand that it stepped away a bit from what I expect from the show. Namely, something actually happened. There was a thing, the GR taking the town, as opposed to our usual just people's reaction (I suppose the girls going missing at the beginning of the season was also a thing).

But man did they hit on everyone here. Mary waking up and us actually getting to see it this time was a revelation. Nora's stuff with Lilly out in the camp was some of the most brutal stuff to watch I can recall, and it came out of nowhere, it's not as if Lilly being in any danger was something that had ever really been considered all season. In fact she's often conveniently forgotten about, and Nora's response was something I don't feel like I'd been primed for, but in the moment made complete sense seeing as all she's lost.

And Kevin's plot here was awesome. I will say, I really thought for a second he was actually dead. And I'm not sure it wouldn't have been better that way. At least more affecting. Especially after the sort of tease of his mortality the last few weeks, having him end after all that would've been ballsy for a writer / showrunner on a level beyond even the ballsiest I can think of. But that would've felt like more of series ender. Either way it was still one of the bigger whoa moments of the year. And it was a perfect setup for John to have pulled the trigger, only to immediately find out everything Kevin was saying was true.

Banned

Part of me doesn't even want a third season, that ending was more than enough.

Creepiest version of a Simon and Garfunkel song ever.

Wow she changed everything...**** this show, never gonna deliver anything other than vague shit like "I dont understand!" "You understand" "What are you doing here?" "What are YOU doing here?" Now let's going to start singing some song they sing in the church to deflect any doubt of my useless act.
    This whole season was setup for nothing, it ended in nothing, GR opened the gate to the city and made another riot? WOW like we didn't know they liked stirring up riots in towns.
    Garvey dies to get rid of his schizophrenia and comes back, alright, Garvey gets shot and dies but returns because of love?LMAO! Apparently this is supposed to be compelling and mysterious writing.
    Ah, and yep, earthquakes...

Banned