Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie Irving Signs 5 year extension (Max)

And kyrie gives a big middle finger to all the new york and LA media. with a extra FU to WOJ who kyrie called out on twitter this year for making bs up.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Great offseason for the Cavs continues. The fact that Kyrie signed this so quickly after all of the chatter we've endured for the last year is a tremendous vote of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    And kyrie gives a big middle finger to all the new york and LA media. with a extra FU to WOJ who kyrie called out on twitter this year for making bs up.
    He actually called out Windhorst for making sh!t up, but your point stands.

Locked up for the next six years, Windy, you fat POS.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Horrible, horrible move by Cleveland.

This dude ain't worth 90 mill
    Dumb as shit is Kyle Kong

Good Move. Pretty hard to sign a star in Cavs considering how well constructed and entertaining the city is

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Good Move. Pretty hard to sign a star in Cavs considering how well constructed and entertaining the city is
    I read this post five times and I still don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I read this post five times and I still don't understand it.

Think he means it's a good signing considering nobody of note wants to sign in Cleveland long term.

This post is a big [COLOR="Black"]fu[/COLOR]ck you to Brian Windhorst.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Think he means it's a good signing considering nobody of note wants to sign in Cleveland long term.
    I know what he meant, but it is probably best not to use Google translate when you're insulting an entire city.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    This post is a big [COLOR="Black"]fu[/COLOR]ck you to Brian Windhorst.
    I hope Windhorst chokes on a bratwurst.

For those of you who don't know what we're referring to, I direct you to the following which he put out there the day of our most important game since 2010 while scrapping for a playoff spot late in the season...

CtB: Last question: so there’s been a lot written this year about Kyrie being unhappy in Cleveland – that he wants to leave as soon as possible. A lot of people in Cleveland particularly have criticized that line of story for being the equivalent of picking at a scab, at the very best, to just plain not being newsworthy when the team has control over him for as long as they do. What’s your response to that criticism?

Windhorst: 2010 taught me a lot of lessons and I’m applying them the way I’m covering the LeBron free agency. I’ve written a lot of stuff this year that in 2010 I’d have been like, “What’s the point of writing that? It’s not going to happen.” Well…
    And, as far as Kyrie, rumblings and stuff, with LeBron I would have let it go. Well I’m not going to let it go [now]. I’m going to talk about it and here’s the truth:
    The truth is [Kyrie’s] camp has been putting out there for years – years – that he doesn’t want to be in Cleveland. That they don’t want him in Cleveland. He doesn’t like Mike Brown. He didn’t like Chris Grant. He doesn’t like Dion Waiters. He’s already gotten a General Manager fired. He might get Mike Brown fired. This is the last time – once he signs he loses all of his leverage – so this is the last time he gets to enact leverage. I know he’s said all the right things so, fine, on July 1, when they offer a max contract – which they will – and I don’t even know if he’s a max player, but you have to sign him – sign a five year, no out. That’s what a max contract is. A max contract is five years, no out. If you want out or you want three years, that’s not a max contract. You want three years? Okay, we’ll give you $12 million a year. We’re not giving you the full thing.

I’m just giving you my feel right now and my feel is that he’s not crazy about [signing the full max extension] unless he gets everything checked off across the board.

And the other thing is: if the Cavs ever dream of having LeBron, it’s not going to be with Kyrie there. LeBron and Kyrie have drifted apart in the last few years, even to the point that if the Cavs wanted to get LeBron they would maybe trade Kyrie for someone who would fit better with LeBron. And I’m not making that up. That line of thinking was not originated by me. That’s just the truth.
    Now, Kyrie has been very upset by this stuff but, whether he wants to acknowledge it or not, it exists out there and I’m just saying the way it is. I’m sure Cavs fans are upset about it. The Cavs are upset about it. When I’ve written about it, the Cavs have been like “Why does this stuff have to be written about us?” I say, “It has to be written about you because this could happen.”
    I think this is very elementary from Dan Gilbert’s perspective. If Kyrie wants to play for Team USA, he’s going to have to do his deal before mid-July when he goes to play for it and he’ll either take the five years or he won’t. If the answer is “no” to five years, he goes on the trade block. Period. I think it’s pretty simple.

I thought I knew Kyrie, but he’s just disappointed me this year with his immaturity. I really do think that if he will lock up for five that you have to do that. But if he starts messing around playing power games, you’ve got to trade him. Dan Gilbert has said as much. At the end of the day, if Kyrie was really a max player, this Cavs team would not be where they are. He would have carried them to much more than this. I’m not saying he has to be LeBron, but he’s only spent one day of his career above .500. I know it’s unpopular for some people, but after 2010 I’m not in the business of messing around. It’s definitely out there in the NBA that Kyrie is not happy in Cleveland – but if that’s not the case, he has a golden opportunity to prove everybody wrong and that opportunity is coming in a few months.
    http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=25410#more-25410

Kyrie responded with a flurry of tweets, basically calling him a liar.

Suck it, fatso.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I hope Windhorst chokes on a bratwurst.

For those of you who don't know what we're referring to, I direct you to the following which he put out there the day of our most important game since 2010 while scrapping for a playoff spot late in the season...

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=25410#more-25410

Kyrie responded with a flurry of tweets, basically calling him a liar.

Suck it, fatso.

I stand corrected on the earlier statement, this takes all of windys credibility away if he ever had any to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    It's interesting because statistically Isaiah Thomas was just as good as Irving and by advanced stats even better but he's probably gonna get like 7-8 mil while Irving gets 18...
    do these advanced statistics take into consideration advanced concepts like teammates, schemes, natural talent and potential, skills, difficulty settings (rookie, all-star, hall-of-fame??? obviously I mean rank of opposing defenses) ???

I'm not saying Irving deserves 10 million more a year than Isaiah Thomas but he is the better player and deserves more money.

not sure how windy is really misguided there though...who's going to prove or disprove that irving wasn't frustrated at one point, especially years ago? him signing the contract doesn't disprove that dissertation.

also, what player on a rookie contract turns down a max contract? rookie contract to max contract? then factor in they just got wiggins and a competent coach that can run a princeton-like offense that has shown he can run a multiple guard set? in the east?

please reel off the long list of players that went from rookie contract and turned down a max contract. shaq maybe? that's only cuz lakers not only could make a qualifying order but beat it...and allow him to play in hollywood with automatic endorsements.

how many teams would even be in contention? lakers won't do a long-term deal unless your name is lebron or melo.

if you want to poke some of a 'reporter', good ol' broussard is open season:

MULTIPLE SAUCES!
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 07-01-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    So...you don't give him the max, he turns it down and goes somewhere else for the max. Is that what you're saying you'd do?
    Id have traded him long ago.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

kyrie didn't regress in his third year, he actually tried playing on the defensive end. He moved the ball around better too. His numbers dipped slightly, but he had his best basketball season in year 3, IMO.