Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Kyrie Irving Signs 5 year extension (Max)

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    So...you don't give him the max, he turns it down and goes somewhere else for the max. Is that what you're saying you'd do?
    Yes, he's an injury prone point guard that can't guard, lead a team or pass.
    He just became incredibly overrated with that contract.
    Solid 6th man on an average team, nothing more.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    not sure how windy is really misguided there though...who's going to prove or disprove that irving wasn't frustrated at one point, especially years ago? him signing the contract doesn't disprove that dissertation.
    Years ago? That was from April. And, he clearly did not think Irving was going to sign the max. I can't imagine reading that piece and everything else he was saying whenever he got the chance and coming to any other conclusion. Make no mistake, this was not a good look for Windy.

It also can't be said enough the timing of those comments. It was literally the day of the biggest game the Cavs have had since James left... The last couple weeks of the season and the day we were playing the Hawks, who owned the 8th spot we were chasing.

Furthermore, Irving lambasted him on Twitter, saying he was lying and attempting to sabotage the Cavs' season... And that no attempts were made to contact him before going public in such a harsh manner.

At this point, I'm taking Kyrie's word for it, not Windy's. Truth is, he was/is a Chris Grant guy. Windy lost access the moment Grant was fired and he's sounded like a guy with an axe to grind ever since.

Fatso needs to stay in James' hip pocket and stay out of Cavs' gossip. I'm sick of him being looked at as some untouchable in the media. He's not. I've seen him get plenty wrong, with this just being the latest example. I remember Windy back when he was covering high school track for the ABJ, before James happened to come along and give him a career.

F#ck that guy.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-01-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Years ago? That was from April. And, he clearly did not think Irving was going to sign the max. I can't imagine reading that piece and everything else he was saying whenever he got the chance and coming to any other conclusion. Make no mistake, this was not a good look for Windy.

It also can't be said enough the timing of those comments. It was literally the day of the biggest game the Cavs have had since James left... The last couple weeks of the season and the day we were playing the Hawks, who owned the 8th spot we were chasing.

Furthermore, Irving lambasted him on Twitter, saying he was lying and attempting to sabotage the Cavs' season... And that no attempts were made to contact him before going public in such a harsh manner.

At this point, I'm taking Kyrie's word for it, not Windy's. Truth is, he was/is a Chris Grant guy. Windy lost access the moment Grant was fired and he's sounded like a guy with an axe to grind ever since.

Fatso needs to stay in James' hip pocket and stay out of Cavs' gossip. I'm sick of him being looked at as some untouchable in the media. He's not. I've seen him get plenty wrong, with this just being the latest example. I remember Windy back when he was covering high school track for the ABJ, before James happened to come along and give him a career.

F#ck that guy.
    fair enough. i didn't realize it was that recent and ya, he certainly owes lebron his career basically

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    fair enough. i didn't realize it was that recent and ya, he certainly owes lebron his career basically

yes and no.

Windy is a talented writer and he did try and stay with the Cleveland PD to cover cavs after the decision.

Problem was that a struggling print newspaper wasn't going to come close to what ESPN had to offer.

But the timing of that nasty piece was horrible. Jason LLyod wrote a scathing Kyrie article as well a month or so beforehand. There was writing on the wall with Kyrie not being happy in town, but supposedly he loves the direction the team is going in.

Actions speak louder than words, and i'm pretty pumped that he signed this big deal.

Despite all that, Windhorst is more plugged into NBA and the cavs by proxy the the majority of the writers that cover the cavs. It's too soon to tell under the new administration which writers you can or cannot trust.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    do these advanced statistics take into consideration advanced concepts like teammates, schemes, natural talent and potential, skills, difficulty settings (rookie, all-star, hall-of-fame??? obviously I mean rank of opposing defenses) ???

I'm not saying Irving deserves 10 million more a year than Isaiah Thomas but he is the better player and deserves more money.
    Irving has more potential obviously and is 3 years younger but in 2014 Isaiah was probably the better player off the eye test (a lot of that can be put on Mike Brown though).

As far as difficulty goes - Isaiah played in a tougher conference and tougher schedule.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Except the Kings had ****ing Demarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay for half the year. Makes things a lot easier when you're the third focus of the defense.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Except the Kings had ****ing Demarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay for half the year. Makes things a lot easier when you're the third focus of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    He'd be the second best player on the cavs

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He'd be the second best player on the cavs
    He's about as good as Deng was. I'd take all of Deng, Varejao, TT and Waiters over him. He was a huge net negative with the Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    He's about as good as Deng was. I'd take all of Deng, Varejao, TT and Waiters over him. He was a huge net negative with the Raptors.
    He was better with the kings doe if I remember right and Deng was absolutely atrocious just unbelievably awful it was mind blowing.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He was better with the kings doe if I remember right and Deng was absolutely atrocious just unbelievably awful it was mind blowing.
    He was better with the Bulls. That pretty much describes Rudy Gay with TO.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    So...you don't give him the max, he turns it down and goes somewhere else for the max. Is that what you're saying you'd do?
    I don't think there's such thing as a team other than Cleveland who is desperate enough to give an unproven player like Kyrie Irving 18m/year.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    I don't think there's such thing as a team other than Cleveland who is desperate enough to give an unproven player like Kyrie Irving 18m/year.
    Why is he unproven?

Wait did Cleveland figure out a way to circumvent the cap and sign Irving to the 10 years experience max contract? That would be awesome...

Oh you mean average, well by the time he is making that much it will be three years into the deal. He could legitimately be the best PG in the league in 3 years. Already is in the East..

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Do you not know how much Kyrie is making this year lol.