Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Bosh awaits Lebron's decision, wants to sign with Miami if Lebron does

Nobody is as bad as Mo Williams:

Mo Williams(notes) is 27, healthy and has three years and $26 million remaining on his Cleveland Cavaliers contract. But none of that mattered much to him this summer after he watched LeBron James(notes) leave the Cavs to join the Miami Heat. Williams said he was so depressed by James’ exit that he considered walking away from the NBA.

“That’s how bad it got,” Williams said. “I contemplated it. I really sat down and envisioned life after basketball. …I really saw myself not playing.

“It just didn’t make sense to me. …It doesn’t make sense to me.”

Williams played alongside James the past two seasons, serving as the Cavs’ starting point guard and second-leading scorer as they finished with the NBA’s best record two years in a row. Cleveland’s regular-season success, however, didn’t translate to the playoffs, where the Cavs fell short of reaching the NBA Finals both times. Still, Williams felt comfortable in his role next to James. He was named to the All-Star team in 2009 and remained hopeful that, together, they could deliver a championship to Cleveland in the 2010-11 season.

Those hopes all but disappeared on July 8 when James announced he was leaving. By the time of James’ televised special, Williams had heard from enough people around James to know his days of playing next to the two-time reigning MVP were over – even if Williams didn’t want to admit it.

“As anyone tied to the Cavs, you want to be in denial,” Williams said. “…You never want to say, ‘Yeah, OK, he’s gone.’ ”

Williams didn’t hide his disappointment, even tweeting in the hours after the announcement that he hoped James would change his mind. Williams also publicly expressed his regret for how James broke the hearts of Clevelanders and for the earlier firing of coach Mike Brown, who had lost James’ support.

“I had to get it off my chest,” he said.

Williams said he and James remain friends, but he’s also tried to use the past two months to move on.

“You get back here to Cleveland, get around the new coaching staff, start a few workouts, get around the young guys and basically accept the fact that we are not what we once were,” he said. “We don’t have the No. 23 jersey hanging in the locker before every game now.”

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Bosh awaits Lebron's decision, wants to sign with Miami if Lebron does

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Nobody is as bad as Mo Williams:

Wow, I completely forgot about that Mo Williams piece. Like a whole goddamn litter of kittens died in his house all at the same time, that's how depressed he was.

Great college starter

this is why Bosh is salty

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Wow, I completely forgot about that Mo Williams piece. Like a whole goddamn litter of kittens died in his house all at the same time, that's how depressed he was.

Well, he knew that his meal ticket was gone.

No more all stars, no more chances at a ring with Bron gone. Bron made his career.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

Lebron must be a pretty good teammate. I don't think I remember guys literally following around Shaq or Duncan in free agency. I don't think I even saw this with MJ.
    When Shaq went to the Lakers, there wasn't a huge trend of people intentionally teaming up. It had just started with the Rockets (Drexler followed Hakeem, followed by Barkley and later Pippen). The 2nd time we saw an intentional team up was Payton and Malone going to the Lakers to team up with Shaq and Kobe. Shaq was sent away that season, and Payton immediately followed Shaq again. We also saw a brief swarm of free agents go to Miami the very same season Shaq went to Miami. After that nobody followed Shaq, but why would they once he became a declining shell of his former self?

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    he got depressed for about a minute, then opened up his online bank account