Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking News: Cavs Offering Wiggins For Love

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    This is now almost as funny as the Harden trade.
    Let's see...

A. Pick that turned into a semi-serviceable big on a borderline playoff time and a bunch of benchwarmers for the guy who finished No. 2 in the MVP race

vs.

B. A talented wing who just won ROY (not unanimously) in what had been a pretty underwhelming class for a 25-year-old guy who put up 17/10 as a third option. Also, out of only a handful of players in the league who put up those numbers, Love is the only one who can step outside and be a consistent, competent three-point shooter, which is key in today's NBA.

So yes... Wiggins looks like he is going to be good. But Love is no chopped liver and he's still young. Comparing it to Harden for Steven Adams, PJ3 and Lamb ...

GTFO

Every team in the league would give Love the max if they could. Every one of them. That tells you all you need to know.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

It's not even a real question on whether or not Cleveland did the right thing.

Love is the ideal 4 to play with LeBron outside of maybe Bosh. Arguably the best stretch 4 in the game.

Wiggins would not be putting up 17/10 and giving major floor spacing to the Cavs like Love was. Wiggins is nice, but the Cavs wouldn't be a legit contender with him for a few years. With Love, you have an already developed player to play with LeBron while he's in his prime.

It's just a shame that Love got injured. In an alternate universe, Wiggins stayed on the Cavs and got his shoulder ripped out by someone like Olynyk, and the Cavs/LeBron haters are saying "LOL SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM FOR LOVE"

Wiggins/Embiid are prob going to the best prospects to come out in the next 5-6 years at least. Cavs had a chance to solidify their team for next decade and gave it up bc Lbron said so...a better franchise explains why that is dumb.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Easy to say without knowing what would happen. If we of kept Wiggins does Varejao still injure himself which enables the Cavaliers to trade for Mozgov, J.R. and Iman. Those three players enabled the Cavaliers to take off. I don't think it probably happens if you have Wiggins. The reason the Cavaliers traded for Iman is for what he offers, which is basically the same thing Wiggins does at this time, a perimeter defender that is athletic.

Shumpert for me has been the second most important player for the Cavaliers since the second series beginning with the Bulls. He filled in for J.R., gives full out effort and great defensive instincts and he's been knocking down the three at a good rate while also at times attacking the rim for creating his own shot out of nothing.

If we have Wiggins, I think there's pretty close to no chance we would be in the position we are now because I don't see the Cavaliers trading for Iman, which lead to us getting J.R. because the Knicks wanted to dump him. All three players we've traded for have worked out better than expected in my opinion. Then that's not even factoring in Wiggins' development. He was already passive coming into the league. Imagine him playing behind LeBron and Irving take way more shots than he ever would.
    Probably not but impossible to tell.

I was just thinking, regardless of how fairy-tale like this is it would be great to have a healthy Kyrie/JR/James/TT/Mozgov lineup heading into the finals.